Product Type: Nikon digital cameras
Newest Review: ... and shoot camera which delivers outstanding quality for money. Although as the Nikon D5100 doesn't have a built in focusing motor you will... more
Is it worth it?
Member Name: ReviewThis
Advantages: Great value for money
Disadvantages: Can be slow to focus during filming
I bought this camera about 5 months ago with the 18-55mm Nikon VR lens which is fantastic. This camera is brilliant for people like me who are new to photography. I was able to pick it up and take some snaps straight away. The flip out screen allows you to take shots from any angle! There are however some downsides to this camera. Firstly when using the film mode I find that it takes a long time to focus on what your pointing at. I find that this is also the case when using the LCD screen instead of the eye piece. I do however recommend this camera to those who just want a pick up and shoot camera which delivers outstanding quality for money. Although as the Nikon D5100 doesn't have a built in focusing motor you will have to invest in some slightly more expensive lenses with built in motors.
Summary: The best camera I own
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Digital Camera
- Trigger happy.
- An incredible camera that has opened up a world of new things!
- good purchase
- Good Quality Camera
- Great gift for teens and general use
- Samsung ST66
- My 8 year old Olympus camera, brilliant camera, totally love it
- huge megapixel count but let down by high iso noise
- if you can't take good pics using this camera then you just can't take good pics
- Still a fantastic camera even though it's now showing its age