* Prices may differ from that shown
So I got myself this camera about 5 years ago. It was my first digital camera and have been using it a lot. So I guess I am the right person to write a review about this camera!
==The Olympus C470==The Olympus C470 is a simple but useful camera with 4.0 megapixel zoom and 3 x optical zoom. Five years ago, 4.0 megapixel was pretty new ( i know it isn't know, but I like my vintage!). The camera has a silver color. It has a supermacro function (very usefull to get close up pictures, with a maximum zoom of upon 9 cm near the photographed object), the camera also has a 4,6 cm LCD screen en besides taking photos you can also make movies with this camera . The camera also offers the possibility to edit pictures on your camera.
Some other technical specifications;
* Camera's size is 99,5x58x35,5 mm.
* Weight is 160 grams (not too light, but not the heaviest one around)
* Zoombuttons can be found at the right of the camera, easy to use with your right hand.
* Opening and closing the lens is easily done by moving a little shaft from left (close) to right (open)
* Quick view; You can quickly take a peek at your pictures (and delete the ones that you don't like) by pressing this little silver button that can be found near the LCD screen.
* Timer function; This option gives you the possibility to positionize yourself and will take a picture ten seconds after clicking the "photo"button on top.
* You can also choose the quality of the picture (Low quality, normal, high or Super high quality) this is easily done in the main menu of the camera. You can reach this main menu by pressing the silver OK button next to the LCD screen.
* Brightness adjustment; Again, by pressing the OK button you open the main menu and you can choose the top logo (showing a battery like pictogram) and you will now open a menu in which you can adjust brightness.
* Turning off sounds; Usefull if you want to make a movie without sounds. This can be done while you have selected the "movie"option in the menu.
* Flash, you have 4 options to choose from. One for NO flash, one for RED EYE reduction, One for AUTOMATICAL FLASH and one for REGULAR FLASH. I noticed that when my camera is set on AUTOMATIC, it sometimes chooses to use a flash while I don't find it neccessary, making the picture too light and unclear.
* Storage capacity is 16 GB (you do need to buy a 16 GB - or smaller one- picture card yourself!)
You can choose from 8 picture settings;
Portrait (for close up), indoor, snow/beach, cuisine (lots of colors), landscape, nightscene and selfportrait.
**My opinion** A nice and easy to use camera. In the beginning I had to get used to the digital menu, but once you've used it a few times it gets easier. The menu does come in English (and I live in Holland) which might be a little bit of a problem if you're a Dutchie without English skills. The battery of the camera had to be changed after a year, when it is fully loaded it will last for about an hour and a half. What I thought was especially useful was the fact that when you leave the camera on (which I did a lot, not paying attention), it does turn off after a while, closing the lens automatically. The camera comes with an usb cable, so it is pretty easy connectable to your pc, photos can be copied from the camera to your pc in a few minutes. I bought myself a SD card of 256 MB which is more than enough if you, like me, onlye use the camera during holidays.
After 5 years I do have to change it for a newer one, but this camera has been through rain and sunshine and it survived. The picture quality has always been great and besides that I like the quick way it photographs. I hate it when a camera needs some seconds to load for a new picture, with this camera, you do not have that problem. I paid around 100 Euros for it 5 years ago.