Product Type: Olympus digital cameras
Newest Review: ... down. Although the camera is only 7 megapixels, the pictures are still of high quality. I personally would not try to put them on to lar... more
Olympus µ[MJU:] 790 SW
Member Name: alicethegreat
Olympus µ[MJU:] 790 SW
Advantages: Shockproof, waterproof - childproof!
Disadvantages: These days 7 megapixels isn't a lot
I've had this camera for three years now and only once have I thought I should get a new one - and only because I was a little bit jealous of my sister's 12 megapixel camera! It has travelled the world with me and never once let me down.
Although the camera is only 7 megapixels, the pictures are still of high quality. I personally would not try to put them on to larger sizes of paper because of this, but if you want 6x4 shots of family holidays and events, the quality is great! You can also adjust the quality of the picture in the settings, which saves memory on your computer and a lot of time if you are uploading on to Facebook!
The battery seems to last for a very long time, even when you are using the flash which has drained the batteries of other cameras I've used.
The camera has 26 settings - ones that you would think you would never use! You can even use them for other things, for example, the firework setting has a long exposure so I use that to make 'arty' shots.
I have often tested how shockproof it is (I didn't want to!) and, it has passed all of them! Only recently has it started to suffer which a few chips of the colour coming off, but these aren't obvious at all.
Summary: Great camera for everyday snaps!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Digital Camera
- Good camera for a decent price
- A good quality camera, and a lovely colour!
- perfection for beginners
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 review
- Olympus FE-5030 *superb compact*
- A sleek and stylish point and shoot
- A Great Camera. But Cannon being tight
- Great Product
- The Entry Level dSLR
- A lovely camera and a great place to start learning!
- Canon EOS 600D + EF S 18 55 mm IS + 55 250 mm IS
- Canon EOS 600D + EF S 18 55 mm IS II
- Nikon D3200 + AF S DX VR 18 55 mm + AF S DX VR 55 200 mm
- Olympus PEN E PM1 + M.Zuiko Digital 14 42 mm II + ED 40 150 mm
- Pentax Q + 8,5 mm
- Nikon Coolpix 5200
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P120
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC50
- Kodak Easyshare CX7330
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC70