* Prices may differ from that shown
I recently bought this camera and it looks like that I made a right choice. It's handy and very easy to use. In good light conditions it shoots and films crystal clear images. Even with low light it does good job with the help of F2.8 aparture. This camera allows you to shoot RAW and RAW+JPEG shots which is not very common in compact cameras.
FZ200 superzoom 24x 25-600mm gives you great opportunity to catch objects, animals, birds etc that are usually difficult to capture. Zooming full moon with HD quality makes me smile every time. :)
Battery lets you take approximately 540 shots on a single battery charge. Plenty enough!
Here are some tips to improve the handling of this camera :
1. Use zoom lever around shutter button to change menu pages, rather than scrolling down each line, to get to next page.
2. To quickly change Auto Focus box to make smaller (or bigger) just press focus button on lens barrel, next to AF type.(thanks Rudy)
3. You can set one to use Extra Optical Zoom, by lowering resolution...so extra zoom reach is only a mode dial setting away!
4. If you are reviewing photos and zoom in, if you move to the next photo using the 4-way left/right buttons, the next photo returns to full-screen rather than being zoomed. If you want to zoom in to compare photos - possibly checking which has better focus - use the thumbwheel to change photos, which will leave the zoom setting the same for each.
Example videos :
Me doing vertical jump in slow motion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOdOQSgLEdw
12.1 Megapixel / Resolution 4.000 x 3.000 Pixels (Aspect Ratio 4:3) / LCD Monitor 7,5 cm (3 Inches) TFT-LCD-Monitor with 460.000 Pixels / 24-X Optical Zoom / / Removable Memory SD Card (SDHC-and SDXC-Compatible) / Dimensions (mm) Height/Width/Depth: 125 x 87 x 110 / Weight (g) 588 g (Ready for use)