Product Type: Sony digital cameras
Newest Review: ... approximately 6000 (300 minutes) - Shooting movies: between 160 and 210 minutes, depending on whether the LCD screen is l... more
capture the moment
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P32
Member Name: sylvie_dubois03
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P32
Date: 06/03/04, updated on 06/03/04 (181 review reads)
Advantages: easy to use, excellent quality, also takes movies
Disadvantages: very bright flash
I love this camera. It takes excellent quality pictures, it is very easy to use, and it is so quick too: about 1 second to load when you turn it on!!
The camera comes with re-chargeable batteries and a charger, which gives it more life and lets you take more videos/pictures, as it increases the memory.
I found it very easy to set up and, once I had gone through the instructions leaflet and tried a few things out, I found it easy to use too.
- Instruction leaflet: very detailed and well explained.
- Battery life:
On the condition that you use the rechargeable batteries, supplied with the camera, here is an idea on the battery life:
- Shooting images under average conditions: 3.1 Megapixel pictures or VGA movies: between 320 and 540 (160 to 270 minutes battery life), depending on whether the LCD screen is left on or off.
- Playing back images: approximately 6000 (300 minutes)
- Shooting movies: between 160 and 210 minutes, depending on whether the LCD screen is left on or off.
- Memory stick: 16MB supplied; I recommend that you buy a memory stick of higher capacity (I got a 128 MB), to make the most of your camera and be able to use it as you wish. This will depend on your needs obviously but the bigger the memory stick, the more images and movies you?ll be able to take before having to delete. Also by having an extra memory stick, you can always keep the 16MB with you in case you?re out and about and the bigger one gets full a bit too soon!!
- 3.2 effective Megapixel
- Smart Zoom (up to 3.2x ? not fantastic but does the job for me)
- Different flash modes (auto, off, forced, slow syncro, red eyes reduction)
- Self timer
- Viewing images:
r>o Images can be viewed on the LCD screen, either individually,
or within an index of 3 or 9 pictures. When viewing the images, you can change its settings, its
size, or even delete or protect it (to stop it from being deleted by accident)
o They can also be viewed on your TV screen with the supplied A/V cable
o Finally you can upload them easily and in a few seconds to your PC, either through the provided software, or through software of your choice. When you plug your camera into your PC through the supplied USB cable, your computer will automatically detect it and will offer you to save the contents to a folder of your choice. Couldn?t be easier.
- Folders: within the camera, you can create sub-folders where you wish to save your pictures/movies as you go, so they are already organised before you even upload them to your PC.
- Multi-burst mode: to record 16 frames in a row
- Shooting still images with audio file: you can add sound for up to 40 seconds to a simple picture.
- Special effects: solarise (like an illustration with clearly delineated bright and dark conditions), black and white, sepia (makes the picture look like an old photograph) and negative art
- MPEG movie with audio, which you can edit and cut to the scenes you want.
The software provided is also very easy of use and lets you edit your pictures and movies, make the changes of your choice and create a photo album.
The only thing that is not so good is the flash, which is very bright and therefore makes the subject blink more often than not when you take the picture (especially when taking pictures of children).
Generally a good camera to have, I recommend it.
More reviews in the field of Digital Camera
- A great camera for first time buyer and professional alike!
- What a camera!
- A (very) little gem from Aiptek
- Kodak do it again!
- UPDATED - Just call me Bailey, David Bailey
- ***My first camera, good to start learning with***
- ***Great semi-professional camera, best I've ever had for that kind of money***
- This was a brilliant camera
- Great amateur camera