Newest Review: ... such a good time. So for the sake of everyone else's holidays, take some clothes and rest assure that you didn't ruin anyone else's holiday... more
Member Name: rojm
10 indispensable things to take on holiday with you
Date: 27/11/12, updated on 11/07/13 (280 review reads)
Advantages: makes it easier
I don't really go abroad so I tend to holiday in England, I think the country has so many places of interest and nice areas that the only reason to go abroad is for the weather. (so I won't be mentioning passports and currency).
1) The first essential thing for me is my family - I could never go away without them, never have and never will I would miss them too much.
2) A corkscrew - although now lots of wine has screw tops, you still get the odd bottle that has a cork and there is nothing worse than wanting that glass of wine and struggling to push the cork into the bottle just so you can pour a glass.
3) Some clothes - I don't really want my family and I walking round naked or having to wear dirty smelly clothes.
4) Wine and drinks - these can be expensive if you are staying in a hotel and if you are camping or self catering they can still be expensive but you might want a drink and they are so handy to just have there ready for you at the time you want them.
5) Cards - these are just handy to have if you get a bit bored or just so you are doing something together, plus they don't take up a lot of room.
6) Hairdryer or straighteners - now I could possibly manage without one of these but not both, my hairdryer is one with a brush on so takes ages to dry my hair so I could let it dry on its own but would then need my straighteners as my hair would be frizzy.
7) Pen and paper - you never know when you need a pen plus this will keep my youngest happy for a little while if we are out. (I would take some toys as well)
8) Shower cap - I don't always want to wash my hair depending on the type of holiday we are on and if I am not washing it i can't stand for it to get wet. Also my children don't want to get their hair wet if they are not washing it.
9) My daughters teddy - my daughter needs her teddy at bedtime (and this is the older one)
10) Plastic bags - they always come in handy for rubbish or packing shoes in.
There are a few more things i could think of but hey it says just 10.
Summary: just what I want