Newest Review: ... have any brothers and sisters? Yes I have one younger sister. Cat or Dog sort of person? I love Dogs we have an adorable chocolate lab. ... more
A little bit about me!
Member Name: benz2922
Advantages: It was fun
Disadvantages: It took a long time
Since I have been on dooyoo for over a year I thought it would be nice to write a little about me.
1. What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?
I didn't really put much thought into the wallpaper on my computer screen, it's just a generic one that came with the laptop, it's a changing background and its currently displaying a picture of a miniature man flying with a feather and pigeons - weird!?
2. Mexican food, Chinese food, Italian food, French food or American food?
I'm an overly fussy eater and none of the above really appeals to me, I like chicken tikka curry which I think might be Chinese? But I like to make little naan bread sandwiches filled with chicken and rice!
3. Do you have any tattoos and piercings?
I do have my ears pierced but I don't wear earrings often, I tend to fall asleep at will - on the train, bus or couch etc. and earing just seem to get in the way and feel uncomfortable.
4. Do you have any siblings?
I have three brothers, 1 older and 2 younger.
5. Have you ever broken a bone?
Well, when I was younger a child in the school playground bent my little finger all the way back, I spent three years in and out of surgery because my knuckle was growing excess bone, thanks to him I now have several scars on my little finger and it's a little bit wonky!
6. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking mirrors?
I don't actually believe it but if I so happen to walk under a ladder or such things and then something bad happens that day, I will blame it on that.
7. Do you like those 'end of the world' movies?
It really depends on the film and the actors in it. I wouldn't rule out watching them though.
8. Do you eat more fruits or vegetables? What's your favourite fruit and veggie?
Another food question, hmm well I don't actually like fruit or vegetables. Apparently I haven't liked veg since I was a baby and I find fruit to be too sour and they usually have a gooey texture, either that or there too hard and attempt to take my teeth out with one bite. Yes so I don't like either.
9. Who were you most likely to play during school nativities?
Funny story, I actually got to play Mary in one of the school plays, the role involved me singing a solo - I say solo, it was a hymn, but I can't actually sing and since I was 1 of only 10 children who didn't make it into the school choir I really think they shouldn't have gave me that part! Cringe worthy!
10. What's your opinion of the dentist?
I hate the dentist, I put of going for 8 years and when I did finally pluck up the courage to go several months ago I needed 5 fillings! I will try to make time for more visits within the next 8 years to avoid such trauma.
11. Have you ever had a speech impediment?
12. If you had to choose, what is the worst movie you've ever seen?
The hills have eyes is the worst film I have ever seen, it is so ridiculous yet my partner insists on watching it all of the time!
13. Do you like meeting new people?
I'm not very good when it comes to meeting new people, I tend to shy away from such situations.
14. If you could, which celebrity would you date?
Hmmm.... I would have to say Jason Statham.
15. Who would you take with you on a deserted island?
I would like to take my partner, but ideally I wouldn't want to be on a deserted island.
16. Do you know how wide your hips are in exact inches?
I don't and I wouldn't like to find out!
17. What would you say is the worst part of high school?
I thought PE was the worst part, when you get to a certain age walking out to the swimming pool edge in your all in one bathing suit is somewhat embarrassing.
18. How old will you be on your Mother's 68th birthday? Is that 'old' to you?
I will be 44 when my mother is 68 and yes, I do think that is quite old but only because I am young, I hope I don't feel old at 44. It's actually quite worrying thinking about being that old.
19. Ever thought you were dying of something you were not even close to having?
I always overdramatize things, I could have a cold and I think I am dying.
20. Have you ever wanted to be a doctor?
No, I don't think I would like all of that responsibility over other people's health and wellbeing.
21. If you were dying who would you say goodbye to first?
This is a depressing question! Well I would say goodbye to my daughter and my partner first.
22. Do you like to babysit children?
Yes, as long as they return the favour every now and again.
23. Do you often forget where you put things?
I forget everything. We lost the car keys and had to walk and use public transport for a week and the keys turned up in my coat pocket - ooops!
24. Do you go on a lot of holidays?
No, I'm not one to want to waste money on holidays, it always seems a waste a couple of weeks back into normality. We do go to wales for two weeks every year though and I find that better than going to any hot beach abroad.
25. Have you ever met someone with the same 'biggest fear' as you?
I have lots of fears but me and my partner have equal fears of spiders!! I can't stand them.
26. Would you rather write with a pen or pencil? Why?
I prefer a pen, 1. Because it's permanent and 2. Because it's easier to use.
25. What is your favourite number and why?
My favourite number is 22 because it's my daughter's birthday.
26. Are you afraid of being kidnapped when you go outside at night time?
Yes but I don't know why, I just don't like being alone at night time, I have the house lit up like Blackpool illuminations when my partner works nights, it makes me feel safer.
27. Where was the best school trip you ever went on?
I went to PGL when I was 11, it was great fun, it was an adventure trip.
28. Are you a controversial person?
Not really, I just blend with the crowd.
29. What would you say your average word per minute count is on a keyboard?
I have no idea.
30. What was your favourite and least favourite subject in school?
My favourite was art and my least favourite was English.
31. Do you bite your finger nails?
I do. It's a bad habit I know.
32. When is the next time you'll go to the library?
I will go to the university library next week because I need to borrow a book on gender typing for my précis - not looking forward to that!
33. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more?
I prefer non-fiction, I don't see the point in fiction books, it's all make believe, you don't learn anything from them. Although - twilight breaking dawn is my exception, I have read it at least 8 times.
34. Do you treat other's as you'd like to be treated?
Yes, although people never seem to treat you like you would like to be treated. The worst thing is when you are shopping and somebody bumps into you and you say sorry and they don't even say anything!!
35. What type of child were you?
I was pretty much a tomboy, I wasn't interested in girly things, I didn't join any girls groups such as brownies, I was in the scouts group and I also went to cadets. I could climb a tree faster than my brother could! Perhaps not something to be proud of!
36. Are you someone who likes to get into arguments and fights a lot?
No, I like to keep the peace, I wouldn't argue with anyone - I think I would be too scared to do that!
37. Do you swear a lot?
No, I hate swearing, I wouldn't do it at home because I wouldn't want my daughter picking it up and I wouldn't do it outside of the home for respect of other people's children who might be in the vicinity.
38. If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be of and where would you have it?
I wouldn't get one; I get panic attacks when I am due for a blood test but if I had to get one it would be the smallest one they offered!
39. What's your favourite TV show?
It has to be the vampire diaries; I couldn't go a week without watching it. It's actually quite sad what I do. I watch it on the night and I also record it and watch the same episode several times a week before the next episode comes on the following week. I love it!
40. Does personality weigh out the sense of 'good looks'?
I think it does. And people who don't think that don't deserve to get to know your personality.
41. What is your favourite thing in your bedroom?
I love my collection of teddy bears that my daughter has got me every year for mother's day. Although the bears are technically in her room (She obviously bought them for herself!) they do belong to my bedroom.
42. If you could change 1 thing about you, what would it be?
I would change my feet, I have size 6 ˝ feet and they are wide too. I can rarely find nice shoes to fit!
43. Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
No, I have no regrets; I embrace every opportunity given to me so I don't wind up regretting things later.
44. What colour hair do you have?
I have brown hair.
45. What colour eyes do you have?
I have blue eyes.
46. Favourite Sound?
Does silence count? I enjoy nothing more than lying in silence, it's so relaxing and peaceful.
47. Favourite Quote?
I don't really have any.
Summary: Thank you for reading!