Newest Review: ... lonely and sad and have involved me pretty much being on my own wondering if it was always going to be like this, but this year I have ... more
My 500th review!!!!!!
Member Name: loopy-lou33
Advantages: Fun to write
Disadvantages: Time consuming!
Hi everyone! To celebrate my 500th review, I decided to do something different. I have read quite a few of these, and have wanted to get around to doing mine for ages. This seemed the most appropriate time to do it!
1.What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?
Photos uploaded from my digital camera, mainly of the kids. There are some great family memories on there and sometimes I sit staring at the screen looking at them, as they rotate every 10 seconds.
2. Mexican food, Chinese food, Italian food, French food or American food?
Hmmm, tricky, but I suppose it has to be REAL Italian, as it reminds me of our fantastic honeymoon in Sorrento. The most amazing food ever.
3. Do you have any tattoos and piercings?
No way. I have very sensitive skin and would be worried about a bad reaction.
4. Do you have any siblings?
Yes, a younger brother. Actually my brother has written a few reviews on Dooyoo in the past, but hasn't done any recently. He is Cools952, the green monster!
5. Have you ever broken a bone?
Not anything major, though I did once crack a rib when I sat next to a fat kid on a fast ride at the fair.
6. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking mirrors?
No way. I will walk under ladders just to prove a point, and I did have a black cat once, although he did go missing, which I suppose was unlucky!
7. Do you like those 'end of the world' movies?
I suppose it depends how they end! Usually the Americans come in and save everyone-boring!
8. Do you eat more fruits or vegetables? What's your favourite fruit and veggie?
Fruit. I suppose my fave is pineapple, but I love visiting the local fruit farm in summer and picking my own strawberries. Yum!
9. Who were you most likely to play during school nativities?
I only remember being in one, and that was when I was in nursery. I was an angel! For most school plays I was the narrator, as I was a good reader. I hated it, as all the other kids seemed to be having more fun.
10. What's your opinion of the dentist?
I don't mind the dentist, as long as I get a sticker!
11. Have you ever had a speech impediment?
N n n no.
12. If you had to choose, what is the worst movie you've ever seen?
Waterworld with Kevin Costner. A truly awful movie.
13. Do you like meeting new people?
I'm very shy and introverted. Meeting people and having to talk to them face to face scares me to death. I don't know what to talk about!
14. If you could, which celebrity would you date?
I wouldn't want to date a celebrity! Give me a normal human being any day! My husband does look like Mr Bean though, so I guess I am living the dream!
15. Who would you take with you on a deserted island?
My whole family. I love them all. And my pets too.
16. Do you know how wide your hips are in exact inches?
No. I've been on the Wii Zumba a lot so they should be smaller than they were!
17. What would you say is the worst part of high school?
The maths teacher with his bad comb over and the German teacher with his coffee/fags breath.
18. How old will you be on your Mother's 68th birthday? Is that 'old' to you?
44. No, that isn't old. My husband is 41 and I don't consider him to be old.
19. Ever thought you were dying of something you were not even close to having?
Not dying, but I used to have a medical encyclopedia with flow charts that I used to consult whenever I had a twinge and they always led to some nasty disease that I didn't really have!
20. Have you ever wanted to be a doctor?
No. Gory stuff makes me squeamish!
21. If you were dying who would you say goodbye to first?
Surely you mean who would I say goodbye to last? My husband and kids.
22. Do you like to babysit children?
I used to babysit the kids from hell when I was in my teens. I would not want to relive the experience!
23. Do you often forget where you put things?
Yes, or I go upstairs and forget what I went up for until I am back downstairs again.
24. Do you go on a lot of holidays?
Not really. The kids drive me mad and I always say we will never go again! We have had some great holidays though, especially Disney, and I cherish the memories.
25. Have you ever met someone with the same 'biggest fear' as you?
Losing all my dooyoo reviews to a freak computer virus...?
26. Would you rather write with a pen or pencil? Why?
Pen. I prefer the feel on the paper. My handwriting is awful though, and I prefer to type!
25. What is your favourite number and why?
Two. A bit random, I know.
26. Are you afraid of being kidnapped when you go outside at night time?
No, why would anyone want to kidnap me? My family haven't enough money to pay a ransom. I think I'm pretty safe!
27. Where was the best school trip you ever went on?
Day trip to France. It was the first time I had ever been abroad.
28. Are you a controversial person?
No. I try to be peaceable with everyone.
29. What would you say your average word per minute count is on a keyboard?
Super fast since I started writing reviews. I have broken several keyboards and worn out the letters on my current one!
30. What was your favourite and least favourite subject in school?
I loved Classical Studies, which is the study of Roman and Greek History including the mythology. I got an A in it! Worst was PE. I am rubbish at sport and was always the one last to be picked, even after the fat kid and the asthmatic!
31. Do you bite your finger nails?
32. When is the next time you'll go to the library?
When they build one. They demolished my local library about 5 years ago!
33. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more?
Fiction. Once I start a book, I can't put it down until it is finished. I love getting stuck into a good story.
34. Do you treat others as you'd like to be treated?
Yes. I think it is important to be kind and considerate. There are too many nasty people about.
35. What type of child were you?
Outgoing and loud. The complete opposite to what I am now!
36. Are you someone who likes to get into arguments and fights a lot?
No. I hate arguing. If I argue with my husband, I have to make up 5 minutes later.
37. Do you swear a lot?
I never swear and I don't like hearing swear words on TV. There is too much of it. Swearing is for people who are not articulate enough to come up with a more sensible alternative: like "poo" for example!
38. If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be of and where would you have it?
Something very small, somewhere not very painful!
39. What's your favourite TV shows?
Strictly Come Dancing and Apprentice. I love shows where you can shout at the TV!
40. Does personality weigh out the sense of 'good looks'?
Yes. I'd rather be married to Peter Kay than Peter Andre.
41. What is your favourite thing in your bedroom?
My bed. Although it did belong to my nan and could break at any time, as it is so old!
42. If you could change 1 thing about you, what would it be?
My skin. I suffer from eczema and I envy people with lovely flawless skin!
43. Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
No. You have to look forward in life, not back, otherwise you end up beating yourself up over things.
44. What colour hair do you have?
I'm a natural blonde! It was platinum, almost white when I was a child, but it is darker now. I have never dyed it.
45. What colour eyes do you have?
46. Favourite Sound?
Babies laughing. It is such an infectious sound of pure joy.
47. Favourite Quote?
Probably something from an animated movie. My son watches Shrek every day and has memorised the whole script. I love the bit when Lord Farquad says:" Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make"
48. Favourite Colour?
49. Favourite Films?
Singin' in the Rain is the best movie ever. It has everything I want from a movie experience.
50. Pet Peeve?
Dog poo on the path. My son's shoes seem to be magnetically drawn to the stuff.
Summary: My 500th review! Yay! Heres to the next 500!
Summary: My 500th review!