Newest Review: ... lonely and sad and have involved me pretty much being on my own wondering if it was always going to be like this, but this year I have ... more
Member Name: Superjim03
Date: 22/02/12, updated on 28/02/12 (57 review reads)
Advantages: Its me and I'm great
Disadvantages: Or maybe I'm not so great
1. What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?
A picture of my wife and I in a snowy field, very close up (I took it myself!). My wife chose it.
2. Mexican food, Chinese food, Italian food, French food or American food?
Tough one, all of them probably, French if I really had to choose.
3. Do you have any tattoos and piercings?
4. Do you have any siblings?
A sister four years older
5. Have you ever broken a bone?
Yes collar bone and wrist. Ouch
6. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking mirrors?
Depends if I get a shard stuck in my forehead when it happens, not really otherwise.
7. Do you like those 'end of the world' movies?
Like any movies, if its well made I would like it
8. Do you eat more fruits or vegetables? What's your favourite fruit and veggie?
Probably more fruit usually just for convenience. Avacado is the best, the green prince of the veg aisle!
9. Who were you most likely to play during school nativities?
Can't remember doing one, maybe a sheep in the stable.
10. What's your opinion of the dentist?
She is a bad lady, I still go every six months though so can't be that bad.
11. Have you ever had a speech impediment?
12. If you had to choose, what is the worst movie you've ever seen?
Very rare for me to stop a movie halfway through, two that I did were Nurse Betty and Gerry, both very poor.
13. Do you like meeting new people?
Take it or leave it really, good to make new friends but I don't actively look.
14. If you could, which celebrity would you date?
Danii Minogue maybe
15. Who would you take with you on a deserted island?
My wife, my cat and a few mates.
16. Do you know how wide your hips are in exact inches?
No idea, slightly larger than most of my pants.
17. What would you say is the worst part of high school?
18. How old will you be on your Mother's 68th birthday? Is that 'old' to you?
I will be 44 its oldish but better than the alternative.
19. Ever thought you were dying of something you were not even close to having?
All the time. I always assume any minor ailment is something bad.
20. Have you ever wanted to be a doctor?
No thanks, my own bodily functions are distressing enough.
21. If you were dying who would you say goodbye to first?
First? probably last would be better, first would probably be work last would be my Mum and my Wife.
22. Do you like to babysit children?
Never tried it, my wife is expecting in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know soon.
23. Do you often forget where you put things?
24. Do you go on a lot of holidays?
Used to do but skint now due to new baby.
25. Have you ever met someone with the same 'biggest fear' as you?
Not really scared of anything, snakes a bit but I think a lot of people are.
26. Would you rather write with a pen or pencil? Why?
Pen, don't like the scraping noise that pencils make
25. What is your favourite number and why?
3, not sure why always has been my favourite, it is the magic number or so the song tells us.
26. Are you afraid of being kidnapped when you go outside at night time?
Not at all so I probably will be now, thanks for that.
27. Where was the best school trip you ever went on?
Went to France which was quite good, Lake district was good fun too.
28. Are you a controversial person?
Don't think so, but I don't really care what people think so some think I am a bit odd I guess.
29. What would you say your average word per minute count is on a keyboard?
60 words roughly, my wife can do a hundred, thats fast.
30. What was your favourite and least favourite subject in school?
Favourite probably Games not sure if that counts, quite liked history too. Didn't like Maths.
31. Do you bite your nails.
Fraid so, but it's more socially acceptable than biting other peoples!
32. When is the next time you'll go to the library?
Possibly Friday 24th February 2012, I have a book to pick up that I ordered online. Reamde by Neal Stephenson if your interested.
33. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more?
34. Do you treat others as you'd like to be treated?
I try to
35. What type of child were you?
A young one
36. Are you someone who likes to get into arguments and fights a lot?
No very rarely argue with anyone, I rarely get angry either.
37. Do you swear a lot?
Do I F*%$
38. If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be of and where would you have it?
I nearly got a large Roman numeral X on my inside wrist whilst in New York on my tenth wedding anniversary. However we were drunk and went to a comedy show instead and then forgot. If I got one it would be on the spur of the moment.
39. What's your favourite TV show?
Seinfeld is a classic, Still Game comes close too.
40. Does personality weigh out the sense of 'good looks'?
Probably, good looks help though
41. What is your favourite thing in your bedroom?
My huge comfy bed
42. If you could change 1 thing about you, what would it be?
Nothing springs to mind, not saying I'm perfect but no point wishing for things I can't change.
43. Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
Sure try not to dwell on them though, can't think of anything major. Sometimes wish I had gone to University but if I had I probably wouldn't have travelled as much as I did.
44. What colour hair do you have?
45. What colour eyes do you have?
46. Favourite Sound?
Good music or the fizz of a beer bottle top on a summers day after a hard day. Man thats making me thirsty just writing it!
47. Favourite Quote?
Its a poem
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;
If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!
Thanks for reading
Summary: Thats me