Newest Review: ... have any brothers and sisters? Yes I have one younger sister. Cat or Dog sort of person? I love Dogs we have an adorable chocolate lab. ... more
47 Questions All About Me
Member Name: Verbena
Advantages: I'm sure you're all kind, sympathetic people reading & I kind of enjoyed writing it..
Disadvantages: Feel vulnerable! I might bore you.
1. What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?
A photo I took on Holy Island, Northumberland, last summer, for the memories it holds
2. Mexican food, Chinese food, Italian food, French food or American food?
Tough one - like Chinese and French, but it would probably have to be Italian
3. Do you have any tattoos and piercings?
No, but a few self-inflicted scars!
4. Do you have any siblings?
Yes. My 'little' brother, born when I was 5.
5. Have you ever broken a bone?
No, two close shaves.
6. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking mirrors?
7. Do you like those 'end of the world' movies?
They're OK for a bit of a laugh
8. Do you eat more fruits or vegetables? What's your favourite fruit and veggie?
Fruit. I like 'em all except melons, which are disgusting! Favourites? Hmm - tomatoes, mushrooms, oranges, grapefruit, peaches, raspberries ... we'll leave it there!
9. Who were you most likely to play during school nativities?
I remember being an angel, wearing an outfit made from an old silk parachute - so they told me!
10. What's your opinion of the dentist?
He's a very nice man & he looks after me really well!
11. Have you ever had a speech impediment?
No, I probably couldn't have trained as a Speech & Language Therapist if I had! [And by the way, please can we lose that awful word 'impediment'?
12. If you had to choose, what is the worst movie you've ever seen?
Too many to choose! Inflicted on me by OH, mostly old Westerns.
13. Do you like meeting new people?
Yes. I'm not very good at pushing my way into conversations, though, and I think that makes me seem a bit unfriendly sometimes.
14. If you could, which celebrity would you date?
Sean Connery when he was a bit younger. I think he would be interesting company as well as sexy!
15. Who would you take with you on a deserted island?
My husband. He's so good at problem solving [and I'm so not] we'd be fine
16. Do you know how wide your hips are in exact inches?
No, but I could guess and that's as far as I'm going!
17. What would you say is the worst part of high school?
Well I went to an all-girls' school and the bitchiness was awful, and I don't think we learned how to relate to the opposite sex.
18. How old will you be on your Mother's 68th birthday? Is that 'old' to you?
It's too late for her 68th! But if my maths is correct [unlikely] I would have been 44
19. Ever thought you were dying of something you were not even close to having?
No. But I felt very ill once when I had pleurisy, and I seem to remember saying 'I want to die' in the delivery room!!!
20. Have you ever wanted to be a doctor?
No. I wouldn't mind the pay but I don't think I'd handle the pressures
21. If you were dying who would you say goodbye to first?
My other half
22. Do you like to babysit children?
Yes! I love kids. I might wind them up too much, though!
23. Do you often forget where you put things?
Yes, and it's getting worse! If I put things away I seem to forget they exist! [Quite handy if it's chocolate, though, and I find it a month later!]
24. Do you go on a lot of holidays?
Now my OH is semi-retired we manage about 3 breaks a year
25. Have you ever met someone with the same 'biggest fear' as you?
Well as it's probably of rats, I guess I must have.
26. Would you rather write with a pen or pencil? Why?
Pens, but it depends a lot on the quality and I'm not a neat writer unless I write slowly.
25. What is your favourite number and why?
7's the perfect number
26. Are you afraid of being kidnapped when you go outside at night time?
Who want want to kidnap me?
27. Where was the best school trip you ever went on?
We went to the Netherlands when I was 12; the first time I'd been overseas, and Oh! The freedom!
28. Are you a controversial person?
No I think if anything I'm a bit too compliant
29. What would you say your average word per minute count is on a keyboard?
No idea, and it depends on how long the words are anyway!
30. What was your favourite and least favourite subject in school?
Maths was very trying for me - I knew I was struggling but they didn't believe me! Favourite has to be English some of the time.
31. Do you bite your finger nails?
No. My mum does/did & that put me off.
32. When is the next time you'll go to the library?
When the mood takes me
33. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more?
Non-fiction probably - I can dip in & out. I do like fiction too when I'm in the mood.
34. Do you treat others as you'd like to be treated?
I hope so, but it's not always easy to know what effect you're having on people
35. What type of child were you?
Started off a bit of a spoilt brat I think, then started to believe I could make people like me through achieving. Known as quiet but with a bit of a naughty side in my teens.
36. Are you someone who likes to get into arguments and fights a lot?
No I am confrontation - averse, but that's not always good
37. Do you swear a lot?
I did in my teens & find it slips out occasionally now.
38. If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be of and where would you have it?
Who would make me get a tattoo?
39. What's your favourite TV show?
Does Test Match Cricket count as a TV show? [or any cricket, really!]
40. Does personality weigh out the sense of 'good looks'?
Personality definitely at my age! [Though that doesn't mean I can't appreciate art!!!]
41. What is your favourite thing in your bedroom?
I'm not calling him a thing, so it's got to be the bed, especially the comfy mattress.
42. If you could change 1 thing about you, what would it be?
I can't tell you the one thing; I'd blush and so would you! I do wish I didn't take things so personally at times.
43. Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
I wish I'd had more focus, especially with languages and music. I'm interested in so many things, I've ended up being very good at very little.
44. What colour hair do you have?
45. What colour eyes do you have?
46. Favourite Sound?
A dawn chorus at this time of year
47. Favourite Quote?
Current favourite: "Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure." Henri Nouwen.
Summary: 47 questions - I hope I did this right, based it on what others had done!