Newest Review: ... lonely and sad and have involved me pretty much being on my own wondering if it was always going to be like this, but this year I have ... more
50 things about me for my 50th review
Member Name: Ainat
Date: 03/04/12, updated on 29/06/13 (63 review reads)
Advantages: More about me
Disadvantages: Too much about me! Haha
So, for my 50th review I figured I'd fill in one of these survey things and let you all know 50 things about me!
1. What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?
Seeing as I'm at work... My work desktop picture is my dog and my hamster sat next to each other. Lol. At home I have a selection of several Boofle wallpapers that change automatically every half hour.
2. Mexican food, Chinese food, Indian food, Italian food, French food or American food?
I'm not a fan of Chinese food or French food, but love all the others. I think Mexican or Indian would be my favourite.
3. Do you have any tattoos ?
Nopes. And I'm too much of a wuss to get one. Besides, I'm also indecisive - I'd never be able to pick what I wanted to have.
4. Do you have any siblings?
One brother, and one half sister. My half sister is a miniature version of me, whereas my brother is my total opposite.
5. Have you ever broken a bone?
No. Although I did chip a bone in my finger once playing netball.
6. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking mirrors?
I am a little superstitious, but not overly so. And then there's things like don't walk under ladders - well - surely that's just common sense if you don't want something to fall on your head?
7. Do you like those 'end of the world' movies?
Not really, no. I'm more of a girly girl and prefer romcoms.
8. Do you eat more fruits or vegetables? What's your favourite fruit and veggie?
I think I eat about the same of both. I love salad vegetables. As for fruits my favourites are berries - strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I also like dried fruit - latest addition to this for me is dried cranberries. Nom.
9. Who were you most likely to play during school nativities?
I was never in a nativity. I did play one of my teachers in a school play once. Thankfully she found it funny.
10. What's your opinion of the dentist?
I hate it. I was fine as a kid until my dentist changed and I got given an evil lady dentist who terrified me.
11. Have you ever had a speech impediment?
Nopes. Don't think so.
12. If you had to choose, what is the worst movie you've ever seen?
Not sure to be fair.
13. Do you like meeting new people?
I do, but I tend to be shy when first meeting new people. Once I relax a bit though I enjoy it. I'm a social creature.
14. If you could, which celebrity would you date?
Good question - I'm not sure.
15. What would you take with you on a deserted island?
My Kindle - stocked up with a load of books for me to read whilst sitting in my hammock under a palm tree.
16. Do you know how wide your hips are in exact inches?
No. Should I?
17. What would you say is the worst part of high school?
I didn't have too much of a bad time of things in high school. I was in detention quite a bit - but that was normally because I was late for school a lot. Oops.
18. How old will you be on your Mother's 68th birthday? Is that 'old' to you?
I will be 51. I'm not quite half way there yet, so feels like a lifetime away.
19. Ever thought you were dying of something?
No. I've felt pretty awful on occasion, but never thought I was actually going to die.
20. Have you ever wanted to be a doctor?
No. I don't think I could cope with the pressures of having someone else's life in my hands.
21. If you were dying who would you say goodbye to first?
22. Do you like to babysit children?
Yea, I love kids. Possibly because I'm such a big kid myself.
23. Do you often forget where you put things?
I lost my phone once when I was talking on it. Oops. I tend to put things in a 'safe' place and forget where that place is.
24. Do you go on a lot of holidays?
Not loads... I think I average about one a year.
25. Have you ever met someone with the same 'biggest fear' as you?
I'm not really sure what my biggest fear is to be fair...
26. Would you rather write with a pen or pencil? Why?
A pen, definitely. But drawing - always pencil.
25. What is your favourite number and why?
9. I like the number 3. and 9 is doubly good as it's 3 x 3
26. Are you afraid of the dark ? Not afraid of it, but I don't particularly like being in pitch black. I like to have just a little faint light so am able to make out the outlines of things
27. Where was the best school trip you ever went on?
Thorpe Park. The trip also happened to be on my 11th birthday.
28. Are you a controversial person?
I don't think so...
29. What would you say your average word per minute count is on a keyboard?
I'm not sure. But I can type faster than I can write neatly by hand.
30. What was your favourite and least favourite subject in school?
Favourite - Science
Least Favourite - Design and Technology - though I actually liked the subject I hated going because I hated my teacher.
31. Do you bite your nails.
I used to. But now I have nice long nails (apart from the one I broke the other day)
32. When is the last time you went to the library?
I went in my uni library last week, and in to my local library a couple of weeks or so ago.
33. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more?
I enjoy both. I love slipping into a fictional world, but then non-fiction books are interesting to read.
34. Do you treat others as you'd like to be treated?
I sincerely hope so.
35. What type of child were you?
Quite quiet. I think I was quite imaginative.
36. Are you someone who likes to get into arguments and fights a lot?
No. I like to try and avoid conflict if I can.
37. Do you swear a lot?
Nopes. Barely at all.
38. If you had to get another tattoo what would it be and where?
I haven't got any yet. I'm not sure what it would be. It would have to be something that was really meaningful to me rather than just a design I picked out of a book. If I'm going to brand myself it's got to be something that means something to me. But then none of this matters as I'm too much of a wuss to have one done anyway.
39. What's your favourite TV show?
I like the sorts of programmes that come on the t.v. channel Gold - so like Only Fools and Horses, Ab Fab, etc. Also a Friends fan. And then I also like Britains Got Talent - the only 'talent' programme I like.
40. Does personality weigh out the sense of 'good looks'?
41. What is your favourite thing in your bedroom?
42. If you could change 1 thing about you, what would it be?
I would like to weigh a little less and be a bit healthier in with the deal.
43. Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
There's things I wish I had done differently - doesn't mean I regret them.
44. What colour hair do you have?
A dark honey blonde kind of colour
45. What colour eyes do you have?
46. Favourite Sound?
I like the sound of rain pounding on the windows - but only when I'm curled up on the sofa and I don't need to go outside. Hehe.
47. Favourite Quote?
I dunno if it's my favourite, but here are a couple I like:
"Later that day, I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one that you have with yourself, and if you find someone to love the you you love, well that's just fabulous."
""We all have our time machines, don't we? Those that take us back are memories... And those that take us forward, are dreams". ~H.G.Wells
48. Are you trying to achieve something at the moment.
I am back in uni at the moment completing my PGCE (teacher training) course to become a primary school teacher.
49. If you could do 1 thing for someone what would it be
To make my mums life a bit easier. She always did (still does) do loads for me, I wish I could help her out a bit more as she struggles for money, etc.
50. What would change?
There are loads of things I could change in the world if I could.
Summary: More about me