Newest Review: ... was me who had the unfortunate experience of this, After spending hours and hours writing review upon review,that although I love doin... more
Some bits & pieces about me
Member Name: rolandrat
Date: 26/03/12, updated on 05/04/12 (73 review reads)
1. Which do you prefer - shower or bath? And why?
Bath - to soak in for hours - would love a hot tub under the stars
2. What do you swear you'll never do?
Say anything bad about sons' girlfriends!
3. What's the most embarrassing thing you ever done?
4. What is your favourite quote?
The Serenity prayer -
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference
5. What was your favourite holiday? And why?
Taking sons to Ironbridge - had super time at Telford bowling and going to cinema - also went to West Midland a few times.
8. Savoury or sweet?
9. Hot or cold?
Hate heat more than cold I think - you can do more about being cold - thats why I have fans stashed away
10. What's your favourite drink?
Tea - or wine if I get the chance - but try to be good and only have for special occasions
11. What's your favourite food?
Fish & chips
12. Who do you hate the most?
Try not to hate anyone as it eats you up
13. Do you have a crush on someone? If so, who?
Did yrs ago - Tony Curtis in 70s when in The Persuaders - even joined his fan club!
14. What is your favourite colour?
15. What did you do last night?
Stayed up too late on laptop
16. What's your favourite thing to do?
Shopping online (finding bargains) and chatting to friends via email or phone
17. Favourite movie, TV Programme, Book?
Favourite movie... Somewhere in Time - such romantic music, TV....The Avengers, Book....The Common Stream - history of one little village
18. Who's your hero?
Don't have any
19. Favourite song of all time?
I'm Not In Love - 10cc
20. Have you ever had a supernatural experience?
21. Favourite Sounds?
Sons laughing, birds, wind
22. Favourite Smells?
Tar, cut grass, moss, tea, coffee, bread making
23. Favourite places to be?
In nature, woods, seashore or waterfalls
24. Happiest moments in your life?
Looking back now it was when two sons younger - probably 2 & 8 - but you're so busy then you forget how quickly time passes and that you should stop and enjoy it. But I was a stay at home mum so hope I gave them all the attention they needed
25. Saddest moments in your life so far?
Losing my mum, friends moving away, being ill with ME for 16 years
26. What is your dream job?
Anything to do with history or archaeology
27. What would be your idea of a perfect date?
I'm a bit old for that now but probably exploring ruins or stately homes
28. What are your favourite Newspaper/ Magazine?
Reader's Digest or The Countryman
29. Which celebrity do you like the most?
30. Do you have any siblings?
yes a half sister - but we are close
31. Have you ever been in hospital? If so, why?
two births and later a virus
32. Have you ever broken a bone or had stitches?
No and yes
33. Do you believe in Angels/Ghosts/Demons?
34. Are you superstitious?
Not at all
35. What colour eyes do you have?
36. What colour hair do you have?
light brown going on grey in parts now
37. What religion are you?
Supposedly Christian but think I have more in common with Buddism
38. If you could change 1 thing about you, what would it be?
39. If you could change 1 thing about your personality, what would it be?
live more in the moment - but getting better at it
40. What are your biggest fears?
heights, illness in old age
41. Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
Not bothering with uni
42. Have you ever been in love?
43. What's the most important things to you in the world?
44. What are your most treasured possessions?
Mother's wedding ring, son's drawings and gifts
45. What's your job?
stay at home mum
46. What's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Lots of nice little things really - its when people think of you - like having a card one Christmas from a neighbour's son-in-law to thank me for being there with the family when his wife was in intensive care and died.
One girl in grammar school giving my hand a squeeze after I'd fallen and bashed my nose and had a bad nose bleed - she was touched I remembered when I was organising a reunion when we were all 50.
47. What's the worst thing anyone has done to you?
Not sure what to put as the two things that spring to mind arn't really suitable to be put here - but I'd say talking about you.
48. Dream car?
Large dormobile with a driver so I could tour the country and visit all the beautiful villages
49. Favourite celebration?
Christmas of course
50. Where do you hang out?
At home - and often in bed.
Summary: Now you know my dark secrets!!