Newest Review: ... knew it was my life, and if I wanted to do something I would. I had a similar reaction from my friends. Having booked and planned a gir... more
Goodbye 2008, hello 2009!
Looking Back at 2008
Member Name: charlie1979
Looking Back at 2008
Advantages: Tow new beautiful people in my world
Disadvantages: Loss of family friend, stress at potential of losing job
My turn to reminisce!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done
I am a bit of a creature of habit and routine so I can't really think of anything new! How boring!
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my best friend had a beautiful baby girl the day before my birthday! The best birthday present ever! My older brother also had another baby girl to add to my beautiful niece collection!
3. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately a close family friend died after a long battle with cancer. At least now he is no longer suffering.
4. What countries did you visit?
Only this one! Scared of flying so that limits the places I can go! I think Winchester was about as far as I travelled last year!
5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More money, don't we all! Most importantly I would like to have a safe job as I am in the construction industry and it's a bit worrying at the moment.
6. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your
memory, and why?
19th November, the day my dear friend had her first baby. I have never seen her so happy!
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving back to my homeland the Isle of Wight. Was a big upheaval but I am so much happier now.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had a bit of a health scare before Christmas and I'm not in the clear yet. Positive thinking though as the mind is a very powerful thing!
9. What was the best thing you bought?
At the time it was my Alfa 147 car but hundreds of pounds in garage bills later I am beginning to regret it!
10. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My friend who worked full time, continued to study for her law degree through the Open University and at the same time being pregnant! What a star!
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A family member made me depressed but I won't say too much in case they read this!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, bills and debts!
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving back to the Isle of Wight!
14. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Erm can't really think of one, sorry!
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier and more settled. About a stone heavier though!
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Healthy eating, visiting friends and laughing.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating chocolate and crisps! Spending time on my own.
18. What was your favourite TV programme?
It would still have to be Eastenders! Very frustrating story lines last year though!
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I don't hate anyone. I do dislike a few people though but no one new!
20. What was the best book you read?
Yellow pages looking for a garage to fix my Alfa!
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Foo Fighters. I know the have been around for quite a while but I only really got into their music last year. A great band!
22. What did you want and get?
To be back home on the Island and close to my friends and famil.
23. What did you want and not get?
A bonus at work!
24. What was your favourite film of this year?
I am slightly ashamed to admit this but I really did enjoy the film Stardust on DVD!
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were
I had a lovely day out and about, had a nice lunch then went round my friends house to see her new baby girl. I don't like a fuss on my birthday, especially as last year was my last birthday of being twenty something!
26. What political issue stirred you the most?
I wasn't so much stirred but I was slightly interested in the American presidential election. Politics doesn't interest me, all a bunch of time wasting idiots that are parasites on the state.
27. Who did you miss?
Being a bit thinner! Seriously though I miss my Dad. I haven't seen him for a few years now as he lives abroad but there is always hope for this year!
28. Who was the best new person you met?
I would have to say my new baby niece! I know I am biased but she is adorable!
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That I should have more self belief as if I really put mu mind to something I can achieve it. Positive thinking really does make a difference to your life and I find it hard to tolerate people who wallow in self pity and don't help themselves out of situations.
Happy new year to you all and thank you for all my readings, rating and nominations in 2008 :-)
Summary: A pretty good year for me!