Newest Review: ... knew it was my life, and if I wanted to do something I would. I had a similar reaction from my friends. Having booked and planned a gir... more
2008 - the best year of my life
Looking Back at 2008
Member Name: mrsgladwin
Looking Back at 2008
Advantages: Getting married, moving house, starting a family
Disadvantages: Money worries
I've decided to share my fabulous year with you all. 2008 was the best year of my life so far, and also the busiest! I moved house twice, got married, got a mini promotion and fell pregnant!
1)What did you do in 2008 that you have not done before?
Got married, made a baby, and bought a kitten
2) Did anyone close to you give birth?
No but I made one! He wasn't born until March this year
3) Did anyone close to you die?
4) What countries did you visit?
Italy, USA, and Switzerland and Germany on our way to Austria
5) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Better financial security, we had such a busy year that our savings seemed to dwindle. A lottery win would be nice!
6) What dates will you remember from 2008?
10th December 2008, my wedding day
15th November 2008, day we moved into our new house
7) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just pregnancy. I was really ill for the first 5 months and actually weighed less than I did before I was pregnant. The remaining months were fine though
8) What was the best thing you bought?
3 wedding dresses! I am extremely indecisive and fell out of love with my original dress. My second dress was THE ONE but unfortunately nature had other ideas as I fell pregnant 7 months before the wedding meaning there wasn't enough room for me and bump in there...hence dress number three!
9) Whose behaviour has merited celebration?
My husband's. He is the most supportive and kind man I have ever known. He took on all the stress of moving house and was amazing during my pregnancy. The fact he said "I do" is worthy of celebration in my opinion!
10) Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Some of my colleagues were particularly unhelpful and piled on additional stresses that I really didn't need at 7 months pregnant.
11) Where did most of your money go?
Our wedding, rent, preparing for the baby, our honeymoon
12) What did you get really excited about?
The wedding, meeting our baby, and Christmas like I do every year!
13) What song will you remember from 2008?
Katy Perry - I kissed A Girl
14) Compared to this time last year are you ..happier, fitter, more productive?
Happier, definitely. I've never been this happy. Fitter? Baby weight aside, I believe that I am,I've ever done so much rushing around! Productive...I think so. My new family gives my life a new sense of purpose
15) What do you wish you had done more of?
Seen my family. We've had quite a tempestuous relationship in the past but since the birth of my son the gap has been bridged and I've come to realise what I was missing.
16) What do you wish you had done less of?
Getting stressed. I understand its practically impossible not to stress over a wedding or moving house, but I just wish I'd taken the time to enjoy my pregnancy more
17) What was your favourite tv programme?
I discovered Bones in this year, and it's currently my favourite show so I'd have to go with that.
18) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?
I don't really hate anyone, people have let me down and disappointed me but I wouldn't say I hated them because of it.
19) What's been the best book of 2008?
Love in the Present Tense by Catherine Ryan Hyde. I read a lot of books but usually light-hearted frothy chick-lits so this was different for me. I bought this book after it featured on Richard and Judy's book club. I found it hugely moving and a great read
20) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kings of Leon and Katy Perry.
21) What did you want to get in 2008?
I just wanted to get married, my whole year revolved around planning our wedding.
22) What did you want and didn't get?
More money. Other than that my wishlist was fulfilled
23) What is your favorite film of the year?
The Dark Knight was definitely the most memorable in my opinion
24) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 23, and spent it with my husband, best friend and her boyfriend in our new house
25) What political issue stirred you the most?
The war in Iraq
26) Who was the best person you met?
A new work colleague. I can genuinely say she is one of the nicest people I've ever met and considering she's 30 years older than me we get on lie a house on fire
27) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
To save, save, save!
Summary: The best year ever