Welcome! Log in or Register

Microsoft Xbox 360 customer support

8 Reviews

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/xbox360

• Write a review >
    How do you rate the product overall? Rate it out of five by clicking on one of the hearts.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages? Use up to 10 bullet points.
    Write your reviews in your own words. 250 to 500 words
    Number of words:
    Write a concise and readable conclusion. The conclusion is also the title of the review.
    Number of words:
    Write your email adress here Write your email adress

Your dooyooMiles Miles

8 Reviews
    Sort by:
    • More +
      25.02.2014 19:52
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)
      2 Comments

Advantages

Disadvantages

i had a bad experience.

it started when i had been playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for about a year, i had seen countless racist, homophobic and just bluntly insulting emblems (a small user-created icon representative of a player and visibly to the public) and i finally decided i had had enough, i wanted to report this certain player who was mocking the 9/11 terrorist attacks. After learning that at least 5 players have to report someone before the case is looked at i wanted to take the issue higher, i took photographic evidence of the emblem and gamertag of the person. i first had to speak to an ambassador (a memeber of the general public egar to earn free xbox stuff) and was told there was nothing that could be done as this was the Call of Duty management problem and nothing to do with Microsoft. They refused to take my complaint any further and wouldnt allow me to speak to someone higher up. highly disappointing. This said, i can only speak from my perspective and am yet to fully judge the customer service.

Comments

Login or register to add comments
      • More +
        20.09.2012 20:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

great support sorted out lots of issues for me

the customer support for xbox used to be terrible now you have 4 ways to contact them, the first is an xbox ambassador which is NOT a microsoft employee they are just a normal xbox user like me and you, the next is live chat which is basically you pick your issue from a drop down list of catagories and type your question and you get put in a que the longest que time ive had is about 20 minutes and the shortest being seen as soon as i open the chatbox. The thrid option is to request Xbox live support to give you a call back which is where you just enter your telephone number and they will call you back, when you go to the support section it will tell you how long the wait time is on these support features but if you cant wait you can always go to the support forums to see if your issue will be resolved there.

Comments

• More +
        09.06.2012 11:46
        Very helpful
        (Rating)
        2 Comments

Advantages

Disadvantages

Disgraceful customer service

I have called xbox support service many times before now, twice with account issues (recovery issue and banned from LIVE services) and because my console got RROD and i wasnt sure where to start. For the account issues i was out through to India with the quietest line ever. Putting the phone on loudspeaker and wedging it up against my ear was audiable at a normal volume. Their attitude is not at all good, they basically have a "get lost" attitude and you can hear this in their tone of voice as well as what they say. They dont for instance, replace games damaged by an xbox console unless its made by Microsoft. If the game is say, made by R* they simply cannot be bothered to help you and their attitude was simply not acceptable for a telephone service. Their support calls have taken well over 20 minutes to complete, nothing should take that long and its mainly because of languageissues with Indian call centre workers. They haven't a clue what they're doing, they simply offer the most basic solutions that everybody knows and are avaliable free on the web. Out of all the occasions only once were they able to solve my problem (very poorly) by sending me a replacement Xbox LIVE Card. That didn't help because i still dont have my account back 4 years on. RROD was the worst experience I had with these guys and they simply did not care. When i phoned up i explained my issues with the console, said it intermittently cut out and gave it self RROD, overheating etc and i collected all different quadrant combinations of errors made for the console. But because it didnt have it permanantly they refused to repair it, and said if i did send it off they cant guarantee repair and certainly wont gove any compensation such as a LIVE code for the time i lost and the hassle of getting the console out to them. Their service is terrible, they are all about the profits but when it comes to helping those that need it they could not care less. Microsoft are a greedy and selfish company, avoid xbox support at all costs. Their website can help you a fair bit now, use that and get a RROD repair, all other enquiries can be asked online in forums, people usually know ways around things.

Comments

• More +
          18.06.2009 19:49
          Very helpful
          (Rating)
          13 Comments

Advantages

Disadvantages

Support for Xbox customers is much better than I expected!

For some time now it has been clear that there is something rather wrong with the Xbox 360 console. Many owners have complained of hardware issues and defects, and have moved on to their second, third and even fourth console as the machine seems to breaks down with alarming regularity; given that the 360 has only been around since late 2005 (or early 2006 if you happen to be reading this in Australia, New Zealand or parts of the Far East) it means an awful lot of kit failing before it is four years old. Indeed, as consumer electronics go, this console has a remarkably high failure rate, with warranty company Squaretrade reporting a defect rate of 16% on the 1,000 consoles it surveyed. If you are thinking that doesn't sound too high, compare it to a rate of just 3% for the Nintendo Wii and Sony PS3 when surveyed in the same way, and around 6-8% for four year old TVs (although in the interests of fairness I will mention that 43% of four year old laptops are also expected to fail). Of these failures, around 60% have been caused by what has become known as "the red ring of death", so called because the cheerful green circle of lights that glow on the front of your machine suddenly turn to three red flashing lights (accompanied by your game abruptly vanishing from the screen) when this fault occurs. The cause of this is overheating, which ultimately burns out the motherboard; in Microsoft's rush to get its console on the market and start competing with its rivals, it appears that it allowed less-than-premium manufacturing and unreliable materials to sneak into its product. This "general hardware failure" (as Microsoft like to call it) has proved to be so prevalent that in July 2007 the Vice President of Microsoft's interactive entertainment division announced that the standard 1 year warranty that came with the console would be extended to three years to cover any console that has the three flashing red lights on it, and $1 billion has been pledged by the company to sort out this problem. This money unfortunately came too late to stop us from experiencing this widely complained about consumer issue for ourselves. We had an Xbox 360 Elite, a newer variant of the console that was released in spring 2007 (and bought by us second hand from a friend for a significant discount in autumn 2007 after he found he didn't use it a great deal after all - oh, the advantages of having spendthrift mates to take advantage of!). The Elite version of the console was supposed to be less subject to these problems than the original batch of Xbox 360s; with a chip that allegedly consumed less power and an added heat sink to help prevent overheating, these claims sounded good on paper, although there are as yet no figures to back them up. Still, extra heat sink or no extra heat sink, our console seized up one evening last May and refused to come back to life again after we got the dreaded "red ring of death". The machine had been in perfect working order prior to this, and had survived nearly 18 months of regular gaming with no problems other than the odd game crash that we have come to expect from whatever gaming system or PC we use. This is where our experience with the Xbox 360 customer support service began, and given our previous poor experiences with anything that involved the words "customer support", "customer service" or "warranty", we didn't exactly have high hopes of resolving our problem easily. First Contact - The Xbox Customer Support Website ======================================== Heading to the Xbox customer support website (http://support.xbox.com/support) was the logical first step for us, and we found a site that was clearly designed and easy to use, with a nice prominent link to what to do if you experience the three flashing red lights on your console (although it can sometimes be frustratingly slow to access, presumably because so many people experience this issue). Clicking on this link took us to a troubleshooting guide with nice helpful pictures (http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/ hardware/default.aspx) to help users identify the cause of the red lights, first asking us to check our power supply for a warning light that would indicate it has failed (there was none) and then trying the magic bullet of turning the console off, let it cool down, and then turning it on again to see if this brought it back to life (it didn't). With these two possibilities discounted, it was clear that the machine would need to be either repaired or replaced. At this stage we had some concerns that having bought the console second-hand we would be ineligible for the extended warranty scheme that covers this fault, but thankfully spendthrift mate had also been organised enough to keep all the machine's original paperwork, and insufficiently bothered about warranties to not have registered the Xbox under his name before he sold it on to us. The result was that the website happily accepted our registration (a straightforward form completion exercise giving our name and contact details) and worked out from the serial number that we were within the three year deadline after purchase and therefore able to have our console repaired by Microsoft under the warranty (fortunately bypassing the need to produce receipts to prove the purchase date). Breathing a sigh of relief, the next step was therefore to file a repair request with Microsoft so we could get this process under way. How to Mend a Broken Xbox ====================== There are two methods to register your Xbox as needing a repair: online or over the phone. Having found the website easy to use thus far, we selected the online option (there is another nice clear link to "console repair" on the support website home page) and completed the form to start the process off. This was sent off successfully and with relative ease, and we were told to await a prepaid postage label from UPS that would allow us to send our console to the European repair centre without any cost to us (which is just as well, given the repair centre is in Frankfurt). The confirmation email we received shortly afterwards caused us some confusion - it said both that we would have to provide our own packaging materials and that packaging materials would be sent to us - and we encountered further problems when the email from UPS, received the following morning, contained a link to our label that didn't work. This therefore gave us reason to find out what the phone service was like, and the answer is that Xbox's customer support line is surprisingly, well, supportive. For a start it is a free 0800 number, and it is open from 9am to 10pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm on Saturdays and 9am to 5pm on Sundays, which are pretty generous hours for any customer services to have. After a mercifully short spell being held in a queue, we were told that the only way to get UPS to send us another label email was unfortunately to delete and re-register the repair job, but the member of staff we spoke to was polite, knowledgeable and helpful, and this was done quickly and without fuss - and he settled the question over the packaging materials (we would need to provide them, but we shouldn't use the original console box for security reasons). The following day we received UPS email number two, and this time the process worked smoothly - the link took us to our personalised label, which we simply printed out and taped onto our packaged Xbox (fortunately I am the sort of person who saves bubble wrap and cardboard packaging with a mind to reusing them on other parcels). At this stage customers are expected to contact UPS to arrange collection of their package, but as courier companies don't believe in evenings and weekends, it was easier for us simply to drop the parcel off at a local depot. It was now simply a matter of waiting to see what happened. Four days after we posted the Xbox, we received an email from the customer support service acknowledging the safe arrival of it at the repair centre. This was a pleasant surprise, and I always appreciate it when companies take the trouble to communicate well with their customers and keep us informed about what is happening. Better still, just two days after the Xbox arrived at the repair centre, we got another email to say that the machine had been repaired and it was being dispatched back to us. The customer support service also appeared to communicate well with UPS, as they contacted us shortly afterwards to give an estimated delivery date. The return of our Xbox took six days, but as this included a bank holiday weekend I can hardly complain; the machine not only was delivered on the date given by UPS, but they managed to leave it safely with our neighbours and leave a calling card saying they had done so (two simple things a lot of couriers struggle to achieve in my experience). In total there were just 15 days between first logging a repair request online and getting our repaired console back, a quite impressive turn around in my book. Concluding Thoughts ================ While the overheating problem on the Xbox 360 is seriously annoying and remains to be properly resolved, at least Microsoft are taking the problem seriously and trying to help customers resolve the problem quickly. I found the customer support service to be far better than I expected, and I was pleased that they used a reliable courier service as well, as we all know just how bad some of UPS's competitors can be. In particular I was pleased that the service kept in touch with us through the whole process so we felt well informed about the progress of the repair and what would happen next - although they could do with clearing up the confusion about the packaging in the confirmation email, I think. All in all a pretty impressive service, although I hope to never have to use it again! Recommended - if you are unlucky enough to have problems with your Xbox.

Comments

More Comments
          • More +
            20.03.2009 14:10
            Very helpful
            (Rating)
            4 Comments

Advantages

Disadvantages

Awful, and a complete waste of time

Where to start really.. I purchased some microsoft points yesterday to download the new Call Of Duty : World at War, Map Pack. Got home to put the code on from the pre-paid card, only to find that the code wasn't valid. I tried several times, and eventually gave up, and called the Xbox Live Helpline. Your call is answered by an automated American voiced system, which annoyingly tells you to visit the Xbox.com website several times, and spouts a load of rubbish about various offers at the moment with Xbox. It eventually took me to the main menu, where you had to "repeat the word of the option you wish to choose", after saying "technical support", several times with the reply "Sorry I didn't quite catch that" I decided to let her speak for nearly 5 minutes before I was eventually asked if I wished to speak to an agent. After being on hold for nearly 15minutes, I was put through to an "agent", who was in India at the helpline call centre. I tried to explain my problem with the microsoft points, and they told me to just keep trying, and if they didnt work, to call back in a few hours. I did as requested, tried again 3 hours later and no sucess. On the phone again, on hold for another 10minutes, to get put through to another agent in india, who told me to wait till midnight and the points should be added, if not to call back again for the 3rd time. I was getting seriously angry at this point, having being fobbed off twice already. Gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited till midnight, the points STILL hadn't been added to my account. Tried to call back, but it turns out that the helpline closed at 10pm and wasn't open again till 9am in the morning. I was seriously fuming now, I'd paid £17.50 for 2100 microsoft points, and they weren't on my account, its a lot of money if its not going to work. I woke up this morning, and the points still werent on my account, so I called back a 4th time, and was on hold for 20 long minutes this time. Only to be told that there was nothing the woman could do over the phone, she gave me a reference number and told me to call back in 1 hour and the problem would be solved by her supervisor. I did as instructed and called back with my reference number, to THEN be told, that the supervisor wasn't willing to help, and that I should return to the shop and get the shop to call the Xbox Helpline. I stormed down to my local Gamestation, at my wits end with Xbox at this point, explained to the girl in the shop, and she called the helpline with my reference number and gamertag, she was told that there was no record that I'd called several times over the last 24hours, and was told to give me an email address, and that I was to photocopy my proof of purchase and send it to Xbox, and they would take 7-10 days to process and add the points to my account that way. I wasn't willing to do this, I'd bought the points to use yesterday not in over a weeks time. The girl in gamestation saw it from my point of view, and said that Xbox live customer service really is quite shoddy, on which I totally agree. The girl in the store gave me a new points card, and that has finally worked. I hope I don't have to get in touch with Xbox Live Customer support in the near future, I'm not quite sure if I could handle the stress. The fact that every person I spoke to contradicted themselves, and all had different things to tell me, when I tried to tell the next person, what the previous agent told me, I was told that "what you were told by a previous agent has nothing to do with what I'm telling you now". Which was down right rude, and stupid. Xbox need to consider having their helpline moved, or at least train their staff at the call centre in India, to have some customer care skills, and common decensy. To be spoken to like I'm an idiot was just degrading. Kudos to Gamestation for helping me out with it all. Xbox live customer care? 0/10

Comments

• More +
              31.08.2008 17:56
              Very helpful
              (Rating)
              1 Comment

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great service, this division of the company works very well

I am not a Microsoft hater, they are just not on my favourite list of computer related companies. However, for the XBox 360 I will be eternally greatful to them. Their customer support for this console is also very very good. My example dates back to almost 18 months ago. I turned on my XBox 360 only to presenting with flashing red lights around the power button. I knew this was not good and to add insult, my console was just outside the warranty period. I contact MS XBox 360 support rather than my retailer and they said they could take it back to repair or replace free of charge. Wow, was I surprised. The following day I found myself in Game, where I had bought the console originally, mentioning to them about the problem, they agreed to exchange it. Wow, this was superb news, no repair and no wait. So I whizzed back home, got the console, and exchanged it. I contacted MS support again and told them that there was no longer any need for the repair. About a week later I got a call on my mobile phone. It was MS support, just a courtesy call to check I was happy with my new console. About six months later I had a problem with XBox Live. My account would not stay signed in. I thought the problem might be a compatibility issue with my broadband router, but wanted some advice from MS as none of my other devices were a problem. They talked me through a few settings changes and I settled on trying things for a few days. The problems had gone, and again I got a call on my mobile to check if my problem was resolved. It is the level of service, helpfulness and these follow-up calls that make me rate their customer support very highly indeed. Oh and an 0800 freephone number, how good is that!

Comments

• More +
                20.09.2007 17:09
                Not Helpful
                (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Please help me to get my problem solved

Dear Friends in all over the world, Please read this to understand about "Transcend" a famous American Company selling Pendrive and othe data storage devises. I am living in the financial capital of India ie Mumbai. About two months back I Purchased a 2GB Transcend Pendrive from a shop in Mumbai for carrying Vital data. The packing itself says that this pendrive has a life time Warranty. But within a short span of time of around one month the following happend. 1) One day when i tried to open my vital data from my "Transcend" Pendrive, i found that no data were available in that. I tried in various computers and I am not able to get my data. 2) When I contacted Transcend through their website and gave all the details that they wanted and my mail correspondence continued for more than a month and the company is not able to help me to retrive my data. 3) In between they said I would have purchased a duplicate product manufactured in China and marketed in India in their brandname. I have sent the photos of my pendrive even then no technical person from their side contacted me to help me to recover the vital data. 4) After a period of one month one person from New Delhi called me and told me to go to particular place in mumbai and hand over the pendrive to get it repaired from Taiwan. When I asked about retrieving the data, he told me he will come back to me after consulting a person in Taiwan and he has not called me back. 5) Finally I gave the pendrive to the shop where I have purchased about one month back. But till now I have not received my pendrive and my Data. My Doubt: Whether any company from a developing or under developed countries can sell its products in the developed countries like U.S.A without having any technical person to help its customers during crisis. (Transcend sells its products in India without having any technical help centre in India .So they told me to give my pen drive to a person so as to enable them to send it to Taiwan for repair) I am very much disturbed with Transcend company's way they have handled my problem. Dear Friends who read this Please suggest me what Can I do... What damage I can claim from the company ... Is it possible to get such Claim.

Comments

• More +
                19.09.2007 18:15
                Very helpful
                (Rating)
                2 Comments

Advantages

Disadvantages

A good overall experience

Ok lets get something straight before you start reading this, I am not the most technically minded person I have a other half for that! Don't get me wrong I can e-mail and use word and have just learnt how to put my music on my MP3 player! (Go me!) And I remember the start of games consoles, I had an Atari then a Sega and even a Nintendo but I suppose I sort of grew out of them until I had my boys. My other half bought me the original Playstation that I then lost to the boys and then we got the first Xbox and I suddenly remembered that I was actually good at these games and I played them when the boys were in bed! The boys were actually proud that their mum actually could finish the games before them and then the boys asked for the xbox 360 for Christmas this year as a joint present and being the gullible suckers we are we obliged (personally I think the other half wanted one!) Well what I found blew me away and I marvelled at how consoles had evolved especially as I had found my ultimate game Call of duty 3! And so we were happy with our new addition and yes I do limit the amount of time that the boys spend on it, I mean they can't interrupt mum if she is playing!! And then horror of horrors it broke! Basically it started with the disc tray not opening without being prised open and then the discs were not loading, now this sort of thing would usually not phase me as I am used to my youngest breaking most things, basically he is like a bull in a china shop! But it was the start of the 6 weeks holiday and although I had arranged holidays and boy sitting I must admit with the weather we have had I needed a distraction for them! So on advice from the other half I started the hunt for the manual that came with the Xbox 360 but to be honest that was like finding a needle in a haystack, I mean come on I don't remember much that happened last week you don't expect me to remember where I put something 8 months ago! I had also read about a lot of complaints about the customer service for this product so I really wasn't looking forward to speaking to them. So I got the Xbox 360 customer support number from the website and gave them a call. I also found out that our console came with a one-year warranty so as ours falls within that time it should be covered. The website does give you some trouble shooting tips but it couldn't help me so I couldn't put off the inevitable! Now I usually find phoning these customer service places frustrating and end up speaking to someone with no experience or can't understand a word I say, or I end on hold listening to that bloody irritating music! So I had psyched myself up for a row but for once I really needn't of worried. The first thing that usually gets my back up is going through all those options they seem to throw at you and then I normally end up at the wrong place or getting cut off! But this set of options was very straightforward the main ones being Xbox 360 live And Xbox So obviously I went for the 360 option this then had 4 choices: Xbox 360 live including bills Xbox 360 console support Xbox 360 accessories including controls and cables Xbox360 games The number is a free phone number, So I went for the technical support and I was connected straight away to a really nice lady who even seemed to understand me! After explaining our problem she immediately advised me that the console would have to be sent in for repair, this actually made me break out in a cold sweat when I was told that this could take up to 25 working days, I mean come on it's the 6 weeks holidays! So we decided to send it away the day before we went on holiday because that would at least eat up 2 weeks of the time. She took out serial number that is found on the console, my name, address and e-mail address and then advised me that she would send us an e-mail with all the instructions we needed. I then got given a reference number to keep safe for any future correspondence. The first e-mail came within 10 minutes of speaking to her, which advised that they had received our details and to wait for the next e-mail with all the instructions on it. I made this call on the 30/7/07 and the next e-mail came the next day 31/7/07. This was the most important one and gave me my instructions, there are 3 things for you to click on the first one is your: SHIPPING LABEL When you send your console back you need to take off the removable hard drive and ensure that you remove any discs also do not send any controllers. Then you pack it in a plain box and not the original box (like I still have that!) and print the shipping label off your computer then stick this on the top of the box. This has all your details and reference number. RECEIPT The second thing you print out is your receipt, this is basically your proof that UPS have picked your console up and has all your reference numbers and details on it. There is also a place for the UPS person to sign UPS COLLECTION The third one is the directions for contacting your nearest UPS point, you can either drop it off in person or use the central phone number to arrange collection. Now seeing as I was working right up to the day before our holiday I couldn't be taking a day off to wait around for the UPS man, so I phoned them ready for a row only to be told that they would pick it up the next day between 3pm and 5pm, which fitted in, perfectly for me. And so away it went; the man turned up well within his time, signed my receipt and off it went. COMING HOME We came back from holiday and the console had been away for about 15 days, I decided to phone the customer service department to see how much longer it would take to fix. I was actually really surprised to hear that the console had been repaired and if I phone UPS they will arrange a delivery time for me. So again I phoned UPS and they agreed to send it out the next day but couldn't give me a time, this was actually ok for me as I still had a couple of days off and I knew I would be knee high in washing and ironing for a couple of days! Sure enough at 10 am the next day our console turned up, to much relief from me and joy from the boys! It was packed a lot better packed then when I sent it and it came with a months Xbox 360 gold membership and a letter telling us what was repaired, in our case it was the DVD drive and this had been replaced. You also get a letter telling you how to connect your controllers and a feedback letter to send back to them. So after re-connecting the console and putting our hard drive back on I held my breath and YES! It was all better! The disc tray was not playing up and the discs loaded straight away and a lovely peace descended over my house, except for me because while they were happily playing I was stuck with all the washing and ironing! So all in all I was really pleased with the service I received, I am not used to having all these sort of things going smoothly and I feel we seem to expect and get more of a shoddy service from a lot of large companies. But credit where credits due I found this service very good, the staff were helpful and patient and for once I did not lose my patients or temper or have to threaten beheading, legal action or to send the boys round to bite their ankles! Property of madmum71 & lisa8871

Comments