Welcome! Log in or Register

Most Anticipated Films of 2010

2 Reviews

What films are on your must-see list this year? There are loads to choose from so we would love to hear which ones you are most looking forward to seeing in 2010!

• Write a review >
    How do you rate the product overall? Rate it out of five by clicking on one of the hearts.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages? Use up to 10 bullet points.
    Write your reviews in your own words. 250 to 500 words
    Number of words:
    Write a concise and readable conclusion. The conclusion is also the title of the review.
    Number of words:
    Write your email adress here Write your email adress

Your dooyooMiles Miles

2 Reviews
    Sort by:
    • More +
      20.01.2010 22:39
      Very helpful
      (Rating)
      5 Comments

Advantages

Disadvantages

I'm excited

So 2010 and 2011 are supposed to be the years for amazing films and there are quite a few this year that I am really looking forward to. 2009 brought us some massive films like Transformers 2, Star Trek and Fast and Furious and I only hope that this year will be even better. Here are some of the films that I am looking forward to watching.

Alice In Wonderland
      I think this is going to be a film that is on most people's list of films to watch this year. Tim Burton, mixed with Johnny Depp, retelling a classic tale is magic just waiting to happen. I saw a trailer for this last year and I have been excited about it ever since. I have only ever seen the Disney version of this story and from the very start, you can guess at just how different the new version is going to be. I'm thinking that this is going to be like watching the original film while on a million different kind of drugs. Trippy.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
      I am a big fan of the Twilight Saga in general, the books and the films. I'm really glad that this one is being brought out in less than a year after New Moon because I think i would explode with the waiting otherwise. One of the main reasons why I am looking forward to this film is because there will be a lot more going on this time and it has a lot more in the story than just the love triangle. I'm looking forward to watching how the cast develop their characters and if they make them realistic to the book or not.

A Nightmare on Elm Street
      This year and 2011 are going to be the years of remakes but alot of my favourite films are being reinvented. This film is a classic horror film that now makes me chuckle when I watch it. There is nothing scary about the original anymore and after the remake of Halloween, I have high hopes for this one. Freddy is a really creepy character to begin with and the concept of how he kills people was very inventive the first time around. With the advancement of special effects, this one has the promise to bring a classic back to the glory that it deserves.

Step Up 3D
      Next to horror films, dance films are my favourites and I love everything about them. Step up 3D brings together some of the cast from both films for a completely new story. 3D film are amazing but I am yet to see a dancing film done this way. I cant wait to see what they can do with the effects and how to make the dance moves look even better.

The Chronicles of Narnia: the Voyage of the Dawn Treader
      The first two films in this series have been utterly magical and the third is set to carry on the same way. I'm not too familiar with this story as I haven't read all of the books but I'm sure I will love it anyway.

Films I am not too sure about yet:
      Sex and the City 2 - I keep hoping that this is going to be fantastic but I think the Sex and the City franchise has been done enough now.

Saw 7 - Bit bored of these now but I'll still probably watch it

Karate Kid - Again, this is isnt one of my favourite films to start with and it isnt one of the remakes that I am desperate to see.

So there we have it, the films that I am looking forward to this year (The ones that I know about at the minute anyway)

Comments

Login or register to add comments
      • More +
        19.01.2010 19:21
        Very helpful
        (Rating)
        1 Comment

Advantages

Disadvantages

There are plenty of films to look forward to this year.

So we have entered a new year and 2009 is going to be hard year to beat for film. The total box office for the year passed 10 billion for the first time and we saw some superb films. The Coen's brought us there personal best, A Serious Man and James Cameron brought us a movie that he took over 10 years to make in Avatar, we had a Swedish vampire flick that blew the likes of Twilight away in Let the Right One In and the re-launch of yet another franchise in Star Trek XI. It was a diverse and excellent year for movie goers everywhere. Can 2010 live up to 2009? Here are the films I look forward to seeing this year.

Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland has been around for years; Lewis Carroll's novel has been adapted for the screen a number of times, most famously by Disney in the brilliant animated adaptation. Tim Burton is heading the latest effort to bring the aged old story to life. From the trailers we know it's going to be very colourful and wildly imaginative, plus the Depp/Burton collaboration is back and we love it. Expect weirdness and some great performances.

Inception

Christopher Nolan the man who re-branded the Batman franchise so successfully is back before hopefully delving into Batman again. He constantly throws out excellent films; his script writing abilities are unmatched at the moment and The Prestige and Memento were both brilliant and this new sci-fi looks like it could be even better. It stars Leonardo Di Caprio in and it looks a bit matrix-esque. It is sure to look brilliant and be ultra cool; it is my most anticipated film of the year.

Paul

A brand new comedy written by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, it looks pretty promising but how will the Pegg/Frost writing combo come off and will it match the Pegg/Wright combo that brought us Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. The film follows a seemingly simple story line, two men are on a road trip across America and then they find Paul an Alien voiced by Seth Rogen, and from there we'll have to see what happens. It all sounds very promising but will it live up to the expectation.

Toy Story 3

The toys are back in town... It seems like an age since we had our last adventure with our beloved toys Woody, Buzz and Company. Toy Story 3 is a film that I have hoped and prayed for for years and finally it is here. This time Andy has gone to college and Woody, Buzz and Co. are donated to a children's playschool and they soon decide they want out. It's also going to be in 3D so the adventure is set to really come to life it could be brilliant but with Pixar's latest releases and the previous Toy Stories it has a lot to live up to.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1

As a massive fan of the Harry Potter books I was never impressed by the earlier films. As the franchise has moved on the films have become darker and the overall the quality has undoubtedly improved. Half Blood Prince wasn't quite as good as The Order Of The Phoenix but Deathly Hallows, now a two-parter, looks set to be stunning. They've even added a sex scene as Harry, Ron and Hermione take part in their penultimate on screen adventure, it could be epic.

Robin Hood

I loved Gladiator, and let's be honest from the trailers Robin Hood looks pretty much like a Gladiator remake. Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe are back and this time they're wearing tights. It's one of many re-makes of older films this year but it has the potential to be the best, Scott and Crowe work well together and Scott is one of the best working directors today. Let's hope it isn't too much like Gladiator, would that be such a bad thing though?

The World's End
        Another film that is due to be out at some point this year and another film that is co written by Simon Pegg, this time he's back with Edgar Wright and we all remember Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz. Well if they're anything to go by this could be one of the highlights of the year and Nick Frost is also set to star. The film is set to have a sci-fi and doomsday theme to it and it is also the final film in the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy which includes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, awesome!

There you have it, the films that most excite me in no particular order, although you do know that Inception is the film that most interests me. It looks set to be another good year but I doubt it will reach the heights of 2009. 2011 looks set to be a massive year already but let's enjoy the year to come first.

Comments

Login or register to add comments