Newest Review: ... up with each layer. You can create a daytime or evening look with this. 3. Lip balm - whilst I like gloss, I am never without a lip balm.... more
My top 10 beauty products
My Top 10 Beauty Products
Member Name: h_perry
My Top 10 Beauty Products
Date: 05/09/12, updated on 23/01/13 (88 review reads)
Advantages: Couldnt live without them, my Dooyoo miles pays for my beauty addiction!
Disadvantages: Costs me a fortune,
My top ten beauty products
1) Perfume: Perfume is a must have for me I love having a nice scent on and I feel as though something is missing if I am not wearing any perfume. At the moment my favourite scent is Lacoste Touch Of Pink, this is because I live in Cyprus and it is a true summer scent however, I also have a bottle of Diesel Fuel for Life for the evenings as I like a more sophisticated perfume for the evening and I feel that the Lacoste one doesn't really live up to this.
2) Eye liner: I wear Eye liner every day I have tried many different brands and have found that my best budget eyeliner is Rimmel Soft Kohl (this is the one I currently own and use every day) and also my favourite "splurge" eyeliner are the ones by Benefit. I wear eyeliner every day as I would say they are my best feature and I find that using eyeliner in the way I do (along the lower eye lid) then it frames my eyes and draws attention to them. I have very strong green coloured irises and I find that when I use eye liner in this way it highlights and emphasises the colour even more, to make them stand out.
3) Powder foundation: As I have said in previous reviews, I have quite good natural skin and an even complexion minus a few freckles over my nose and upper cheeks. I do no find wearing foundation essential but I choose to wear powder foundation as it is more natural and leaves me with a nice healthy colour especially when I have had little sleep it perks my face up and makes me look a bit more alive than the bride of Dracula! My best bargain buy would have to be NYC smooth minerals, these all have SPF in and come with a small foundation brush, and they can be picked up from Superdrug for a few pounds. My favourite splurge product would be Bare Minerals powder foundation, I use this every day and have never had a problem with it. I normally have allergic reactions to liquid foundations and have found that it is hard to match liquid foundation to your skin tone than it is too for powder. The worst thing you could do is go out looking like an extra from Charlie and the chocolate factory, well this isn't the case with powder foundation it leaves you look fresh and as though you don't have make up on.
4) Mascara: I have naturally dark eye lashes due to my naturally dark hair so I do not need to darken my lashes so I can get away with wearing either brown or black mascaras. Again like the items above I do wear this product every time I go out, again to bring emphasis to my eyelashes and make them look fuller and longer. My favourite mascara at the moment is the Maybelline pulse perfection vibrating mascara, don't get me wrong I wasn't overly keen with the product at first because it is a bit of a strange sensation but once you get used to it I believe that it is one of the best products on the current market. One I wouldn't recommend is the L'Oreal lash architect 4d I have had problems with this product right from the start.
5) Lip gloss/lip care: I am a self-confessed lip biter, it has got to the point where I bite until the skin has come off and it bleeds, it's my habit that I have when I am nervous and I don't realise I have done it until it hurts! I therefore keep aloe vera Vaseline on my lips as often as I can as it stops me from biting my lips and keeps them soft and smooth. I also like the Rimmel lip glosses as they have subtle colours and help make my lips look fuller.
6) Moisturiser: I use a range of moisturisers, for my body I use a Body shop butter the current one I am using is strawberry, it smells gorgeous and really does help keep my skin soft. For my face I use a product in the Simple range, I also use this on a cotton pad to remove eye make-up be careful not to actually get it in your eye. However, using the product like this is very effective and works better than any make up remover or wipe I have used in the past.
7) Eye shadow: I love eye shadows I tend to go for brown shades as I tan quite well living in Cyprus. I don't use these often I perhaps use these if we are going out for the evening or if it is a special occasion. My favourite products are the Body Shop shimmer cubes and the Benefit sets of eye shadows that come with instruction on how to apply; I find that they make it easier to create a professional look by a complete make up novice.
8) Detangling spray: This is a major essential for me I live in Cyprus so I am constantly in the sun and in pools and the sea so my hair does get quite damaged, I find using a detangling spray/leave in conditioner very affective the best products I have used to date is the Aussie product range they smell delicious and are highly effective.
9) Bronzer: again this is not an everyday essential for me but I find that it helps turn day make up into evening make up. The products I would recommend are the Bare Mineral warmth powders and the Bourjois bronzing powders.
10) Body spray: this is one for every woman's bag, they help to make you smell fresh throughout the
day the most well-known brand Impulse is my favourite especially the city fragrance product range.
All in all I couldn't live without my beauty products and I know it is only going to get worse when I start my beauty courses next year as you are required to wear make up in the college studios so that you are showing your skills all the time you are working.
Summary: My top 10 beauty products