Newest Review: ... 2009? April 21st. My sister's 21st birthday and the day that my partner came home from work and said "I'm leaving." Didn't see i... more
Review of the Year 2009
Member Name: melcat25
Review of the Year 2009
Advantages: Enagement, new job, lots of lovely things really!
Disadvantages: Not many!
1)What did you do in 2009 that you have not done before?
I got engaged! I went to America!
2) Did anyone close to you give birth?
I will feel really bad if I have forgotten someone. But I don't think so.
3) Did anyone close to you die?
4) What countries did you visit?
5) What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
6) What dates will you remember from 2009?
New Years Day as we were away in Disneyland Paris. 7th April as my boyfriend proposed. 6th August as it marked one year until our wedding.
7) Did you suffer from illness or injury?
The usual school teacher illnesses but nothing major.
8) What was the best thing you bought?
Mac make-up, I had never tried any before and it is fantastic.
9) What behaviour merited celebration?
Getting engaged. Getting a new job and then discovering it is the best school I could possibly work in! I feel very lucky. Finally getting myself motivated to get fit and lose a few pounds!
10) Whose behaviour made you appalled?
11) Where did most of your money go?
Saving for our wedding!
12) What did you get really excited about?
Going on holiday as it we won it in a competition and it was fantastic! Getting my new job and of course getting engaged and the subsequent wedding planning!
13) What songs will you remember from 2009?
Most of the Lady Gaga stuff. I discovered Yiruma and I love 'River in You.' Think it is one of my all time favourites.
14) Compared to this time last year are you happier fitter or more productive?
All of the above! Which is pretty a pretty fantastic feeling to have!
15) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seen my friends.
16) What do you wish you had done less of?
Stressing about work and I am getting better at it!
17) What was your favourite Tv Programme?
The Inbetweeners. Four Weddings and Don't tell the Bride (pattern emerging?).
18) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?
19) Whats been your best book of 2009?
I read the Twilight books, which I enjoyed, but not the best books I have ever read.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime - eventually got this read and it was worth the wait!
20) What was your greatest musical discovery?
21) What did you want to get in 2009?
A proposal and a nicer place to work!
22) What did you want and didn't get?
A size 10 figure - but nearly there!
23) What is your favourite film of the year?
Valykerie, Seven Pounds.
24) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I went to work and the children made me cards. I took them cake and they sang Happy Birthday. My fiancÚ got me some GHDs and my parents got me a new ipod shuffle as the washing machine ate mine. We went to Pizza Express for dinner. It was very odd as my sister had gone to live abroad a few days before and we always celebrate together on birthdays.
25) What political issue stirred you the most?
26) Who was the best person you met?
I have met some very inspirational people where I now work and a few people who I believe will become very good friends too.
27) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
Not to stress so much over work and that good places to work do exist!
If you want to get married - save! xx
Summary: Bring on 2010! xx