Newest Review: ... 2009? April 21st. My sister's 21st birthday and the day that my partner came home from work and said "I'm leaving." Didn't see i... more
A difficult year
Review of the Year 2009
Member Name: foxylou1980
Review of the Year 2009
Advantages: I learnt that I can cope on my own
Disadvantages: My marriage falling apart
1) What did you do in 2009 that you have not done before?
I was on my own for the first time in years; my husband and I unfortunately split up last spring. It has been difficult, being a single parent with two children, but he is a great dad and has them as often as he can, which gives me a well-earned break! We are slowly working things out.
2) Did anyone close to you give birth?
A lot of my acquaintances gave birth in 2009 but no close friends; however my niece is due her first baby this May and I'm really excited!
3) Did anyone close to you die?
No-one close to me died in 2009 thankfully.
4) What countries did you visit?
Quite sadly the only other country I visited in 2009 was Scotland to see my best friend who moved there a couple of years ago.
5) What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I would really love to get my marriage back on track.
6) What dates will you remember from 2009?
There are no specific dates I can remember, although August was a very difficult month.
7) Did you suffer from illness or injury?
Thankfully I haven't suffered from any illness or injuries.
8) What was the best thing you bought?
Either my Ipod speakers or my GHD hair straighteners.
9) What behaviour merited celebration?
I am very proud of myself for coping so well with the breakdown of my marriage.
10) Whose behaviour made you appalled?
At certain times my husband and I both behaved appallingly towards each other.
11) Where did most of your money go?
On the kids, as always!
12) What did you get really excited about?
I can't think of anything specific!
13) What songs will you remember from 2009?
Lots by Armin Van Buuren and Tiesto, my two favourite artists.
14) Compared to this time last year are you happier fitter or more productive?
I am definitely happier, and working on getting a lot fitter! I've changed my diet and am trying to fit a lot more exercise into my life.
15) What do you wish you had done more of?
Spent more time focusing on my marriage instead of focusing all of my attention on the kids. I think this is something that many mothers do and it doesn't bode well for a marriage.
16) What do you wish you had done less of?
Bringing home randoms to make myself feel better!
17) What was your favourite TV Programme?
The Apprentice, The Inbetweeners.
18) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?
Yes, I do really hate someone who did their best to drive a wedge between me and my husband.
19) What's been your best book of 2009?
I really enjoyed the first Twilight book and I'm about to start reading the second.
20) What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn't really make any great musical discoveries, though there was some decent music about.
21) What did you want to get in 2009?
I wanted to learn to drive but I've had to put that on hold for now.
22) What did you want and didn't get?
23) What is your favourite film of the year?
I really enjoyed the first Twilight film, and The Changeling stuck with me for a long time after watching it.
24) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 29 (the big 3-0 this year; dreading it!). I went for a meal and out for drinks.
25) What political issue stirred you the most?
I was very annoyed by the politicians' expenses row; it is ridiculous that they could get away with spending so much public money on frivolous items when our troops don't have the right equipment.
26) Who was the best person you met?
I made a lovely new friend who I love to bits.
27) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
Don't believe everything that you're told!
Summary: 2009 was a very difficult year for me but I learnt a lot about myself