Newest Review: ... 2009? April 21st. My sister's 21st birthday and the day that my partner came home from work and said "I'm leaving." Didn't see i... more
A good year for new beginnings
Review of the Year 2009
Member Name: alimacb
Review of the Year 2009
Advantages: Achieved a lot
Disadvantages: Starting over from scratch.
1) What did you do in 2009 that you have not done before?
I moved in with my partner miles away from my friends and family, a big move but worth it (although I still get home sick from time to time).
2) Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one close to me but a few friends of my partner have taken the big leap.
3) Did anyone close to you die?
Thank god no one last year but unfortunately my partners cousin died 2 week ago wich was tragic as he was only 25. Things like that really make you evaluate your life and make you greateful for what you have
4) What countries did you visit?
I was incredibly lucky to go on a short break away to Iceland, a trip of a lifetime and somewhere I always wanted to go.
5) What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
My HNC photography under my belt, almost there!
6) What dates will you remember from 2009?
My 30th birthday, wasn't as bad as i thought it would be although i'm finding myself turning into a grumpy old woman, huffing at people in queues, the occasional bit of road rage, feeling like a granny in the nightclubs (actually no different to being 29 then!).
7) Did you suffer from illness or injury?
Apart from the odd cough and cold, all in good health.
8) What was the best thing you bought?
my motorbike, it's still taking a little getting used to but i'm enjoying getting out in the better weather.
9) What behaviour merited celebration?
not stooping to other peoples level, mainly by thinking of various public humiliation scenarios involving said person!
10) Whose behaviour made you appalled?
A good number of people who have been convicted of henious crimes in the news, I still cannot fathom how one life can inflict such pain on another and it's depressing to hear it with such frequency.
11) Where did most of your money go?
On the house move and putting money aside to start college all over again!
12) What did you get really excited about?
Leaving my job and starting full time college!
13) What songs will you remember from 2009?
I got the Tiesto album for my Christmas and i've played it to death.
14) Compared to this time last year are you happier fitter or more productive?
I am definitely happier, and working on getting fitter, all I need is the motivation!
15) What do you wish you had done more of?
Spent more time going places with my man.
16) What do you wish you had done less of?
Spending money on rubbish, worrying about what unimportant people think.
17) What was your favourite TV Programme?
True Blood, cheesy but I can't help it.
18) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?
I try not to spend my energy on hating people, they aren't worth the effort.
19) What's been your best book of 2009?
I'm ashamed to say it but I didn't really read anything decent last year.
20) What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn't discover anything that really blew my mind, some good tunes overall though.
21) What did you want to get in 2009?
I wanted to get into college and get out of office work, thank heaven for my last minute placement!
22) What did you want and didn't get?
I think I was very luck and got everything I wanted (of consiquence) last year.
23) What is your favourite film of the year?
Star Trek or Inglorious Basterds, can't really decide.
24) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 30 and I spent the day all on my own!
25) What political issue stirred you the most?
It's got to be the politicians' expenses row, a total and utter disgusting scam by the very people who are supposed to be upstanding and honest people, representing the nation.
26) Who was the best person you met?
I met a lot of nice people but mainly re-discovered a few old aquaintences.
27) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
1. You're never to old to start again, or at least give it a try!
2.Be thankful for what you have.
3. never drink a whole carton of smoothie topped off by fresh orange juice in the hope of a quick health fix as you will spend much time on the loo contemplating your mistake!
Summary: My 2009