Newest Review: ... reviews. I think the turning point for me was receiving my first crown. It made me take a little more pride in my work, and make me want... more
Updated: be useful, be funny, be interesting
Writing a Good dooyoo Review
Member Name: dooyooexpert
Writing a Good dooyoo Review
Date: 20/01/01, updated on 22/01/01 (18 review reads)
Advantages: Some good tips for new dooyoo members
I've only been a dooyoo member for a short while but I've got a few tips for new dooyoo members.
1. Make your sentences clear and do not stress too much on a particular point.
E.g. don't waffle on about one particular aspect of your opinion so that it becomes too boring for the reader.
2. Try jotting down a few of the main ideas you want to include in your opinion before you begin writing it.
3. If you pay for the time you spend on the internet (e.g. 1p a minute) it maybe a good idea to write your opinion off online using a word processing package. Then you only have to go online for a few minutes to post your opinion. This will save you alot of pennies.
4. Try to make your opinion balanced, including the advantages/disadvantages of the product.
5. Remember that quality of language is the key to writing a good opinion. Perhaps try reading magazines containing reviews by professional journalists and writers. This will give you a feel for the kind of quality required. Note that Dooyoo will not accept opinions from other sources, e.g. magazines, websites etc.
6. Use paragraphs to break up your opinion into easy to read chunks. A reader of your opinion will probably be put off by a page full of text with no paragraphs. Note that paragraphs let you make your opinion more structured.
7. After writing your opinion you may want to re-structure it by moving paragraphs and sentences to new places.
To move any piece of text from one location to another follow these steps:
A. Select the piece of text you want to move
(do this by putting your cursor over the first letter of the text you want to move. Then left click the mouse button and while holding the button down, move the cursor to the last letter of the piece of text you want to move. This will have highlighted this piece of text.)
B. You next need to cut this piece of text out. Do this by holding down the Ctrl (contr
ol) and X key on your keyboard. The highlighted text will disappear.
C. Finally move the cursor where you want to put the piece of text, then hold down the Ctrl (control) and the V key on your keyboard. This pastes the text to this location.
Hold down Ctrl and X key to cut
Hold down Ctrl and V key to paste
8. Be sure you check your opinion again and again to make sure its correct. Perhaps get someone else to check it for you and get them to give their opinion on your opinion.
9. Dooyoo members may sometimes leave comments about your opinion. These are accessible via your account page. Use these to decide whether your opinion could be improved.
10. Important: DO NOT just write 75 words of waffle to get your 100 credits. If you spend time writing a good lengthly opinion dooyoo members will give it an higher rating and so more dooyoo members will read it. Remember you get 50 credits for each member that reads your opinion.
11. Try to make your opinion interesting so that other people will be more likely to read the whole opinion.
12. Rate any opinions that you read and if you have anything to say on someones opinion you may simply add a comment.
These are just a few tips on writing opinions.
Many other older and trusted dooyoo members have written tips on writing good opinions so check some of those out for even more useful help and tips.