Newest Review: ... the cheesy, over processed falseness that accompanies all of these movie style moments that people force because Hollywood tells us that ev... more
A Happy Camper
Things that make you happy
Member Name: GuruOnAMountain
Things that make you happy
Disadvantages: None at all.
After seeing another reviewer writing a review on this topic, I felt inspired to write down the Top 10 things that make me happy and hopefully those of you that read it will get to know me a little bit better. These are in no particular order!
1. Music: It is really my first love and will always be high up in my happy list, I think. I started playing piano at the age of 6 and guitar at the age of 7. Since then I've dabbled in various other instruments with varying degrees of success and play piano, guitar and trumpet relatively well while I can dash some simpler things off on the flute, clarinet and drums. I've played around a little bit with violin and cello but decided to take pity on my neighbour's ears and stop! I love playing music but also love listening to it and don't think anything can make me happier than music can. I love Classical music but will also listen to rock and pop just as easily.
2. My family, friends and fella: As much as they can all drive me nuts at times, spending time with the important people in my life (nearly) always puts a smile on my face!
3. Coins: Nope, I'm not a money hungry banker but I am a keen numismatist (a posh word to describe the kind of person who gets excited by a rare coin). As hobbies go it is pretty niche, pretty sad in it's own way and pretty much like a far more expensive version of stamp collecting but there's nothing gets me going in the same way as a cheeky Roman or Greek coin!
4. The Ancient Greeks and the Romans: I'm doing a PhD in Classics so if the Greeks and Romans didn't make me happy, then I guess I'd be in the wrong place. Again, what can I say, I'm a geek and proud of it!
5. Lego: Just in case you had any doubt about how sad my life is, I also love Lego. I collect minifigures and love building Lego, admiring it or just anything to do with it really!
6. Travelling: I love seeing the world and new places (at home and abroad). It's a cliche, I know but travelling really does expand your horizons and I love learning new things through it.
7. The Gym: This one even surprises me as I used to HATE the gym but am now a complete gym addict and nothing makes me happier than a wee trip there.
8. Martial Arts: Unfortunately I don't have time right now to practice them any more but I love my karate and one day soon I'll manage to find time to slot it back into my life somewhere
9. The Toy Story Alien: That little guy is just so cute and cool! I am not ashamed to admit that I have two cuddly toys of him, a small figurine and a Lego set with him in it. He always makes me smile!
10. Monkeys: Again, just so darn cool. I always watch the monkeys at the zoo for ages and if I ever was reincarnated as an animal, I think I'd like to come back as a monkey!
Summary: What puts a smile on my face.