Newest Review: ... Right Turn Clyde, (he then does this and knock them all over) The Forth quote i have to add has to come from the " The Shining"... more
More Cheese Mr. Schwarzenegger?
Top Ten Movie Quotes
Member Name: funzo
Top Ten Movie Quotes
Date: 27/10/08, updated on 24/05/11 (611 review reads)
Disadvantages: None... all deleivered with such fine acting prowess and hardly notice the Austrian accent.. honest
The advent of films with sound began a long tradition of cinema providing us with many memorable lines and quotes. From the "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn" from Gone With The Wind to Borat's "Wawaweewa" sayings and lines and from films have left lasting impressions upon us. Sometimes it's through the sheer intensity of delivery and quality of acting like in Brando's "I could've been a contender" in On the waterfront, and sometimes it's the comedic genius of someone like Woody Allen in lines such as Don't knock masturbation ... it's sex with someone I love. But there has been no one more consistent in the 80's and 90's for producing, in my cheesy little mind, the best film one liners, than Arnold Schwarzenegger.... and here are his top ten in no particular order.
1) "Well I hope you left enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your goddamn spine!" - From Running Man delivered with such poor acting it is bordering on genius.
2) "Let off some steam, Bennett." - From Commando. Said whilst breaking a piece of piping from the wall and ramming through the bad guy Bennett into a steam vent... Genius
3) "Hey Benny, SCREW YOU!" -from Total Recall- a classic Arnie cheese fest of a line said whilst ramming a drilling bit through Benny's cabin
4) "Consider that our divorce" - Said as he killed his wife in Total Recall
5) "He had to split" - Asked where Buzzsaw was in Running Man, Arnie had just used his chainsaw to circumsize the baddie. A gem from Running Man
6) "Here is SubZero, Now Plain Zero" - Running man again. The iced themed baddie had just been 'iced' by Arnie (see what I did there?)
7) "Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired" - From Commando Arnie is explaining the limpness of the man he has just killed on the plane next to him.
8) "If it bleeds we can kill it" - Predator this time, sort of sums Arnie up
9) "Stick Around" - classic Arnie from Commando said whilst putting a knife through someone pinning them against the wall behind them
10) "I'll be back" - what Arnie list could be complete without this simple but well known line. From Terminator. Arnie classic.
There's more profound, funnier and better delivered lines out there from many a better actor but when it comes to cheese, there is none cheesier and none finer than from the current Governor of California, the worlds 8th largest economy. (scary eh!?). Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger king of the cheesy film quotes and provider of this top ten list
Thanks for reading and hasta la vista
Summary: Genius up there with Kubrik, Wells and Fellini