Newest Review: ... Right Turn Clyde, (he then does this and knock them all over) The Forth quote i have to add has to come from the " The Shining"... more
Made me smile doing this anyway...
Top Ten Movie Quotes
Member Name: SaveMeTheMoney
Top Ten Movie Quotes
I love a good film and have a soft spot for those cliches moments that you know will become catchphrases the world over! Anyway, I have listed below my top ten favourite all time quotes in no particular order:
1. "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?" Good old Travis Bickle going insane in Taxi Driver (probably one of the best films of all time too)
2. "Henry Hill (Ray Liotta): You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci): What do you mean I'm funny?
Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
Tommy DeVito: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
Henry Hill: Jus...
Tommy DeVito: What?
Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!
Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning!" A truly scary moment, when I actually feared for Ray Liotta! Joe Pesci may be a little guy, but boy is he scary. Sorry it is a long quote, but you need the whole lot to appreciate the moment!
3. "Colonel Jessep (Jack Nicholson): You want answers Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I want the truth.Jessep: You can't handle the truth." A memorable scene in A few good men. But check out Tom Cruise's teeth in this movie....
4. "Go ahead, make my day" It just would not have been right to do a best quotes without Clints immortal words from Sudden Impact.
5. "E.T. phone home". The best children's film ever deservs a mention for the quote that spawned a million TV ads.
6. "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." More for the sucking noise Anthony Hopkins makes after, but still, a creepy quote again! Silence of the Lambs is a fantastic film.
7. "Show me the money!"In times of recession I feel like shouting this down the phone in work a lot too! Jerry Maguire gets to work.
8. "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."I like this quote, because I think it is pretty accurate! Forrest does the talking, we all do the listening. Great film, great actor, great quote.
9. "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" The dream of every young man....the Graduate and thesexy charms of Mrs Robinson sure do work on Dustin!
10. Striker: "Surely you can't be serious!" Rumack: "I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." Airplane, comic genius. I actually could have just had a top 100 quotes from Airplane instead! Brilliant
Summary: Read them all, let me know if you agree