Newest Review: ... 'Tommy the Cat' by Primus from the album, 'Sailing the Seas of Cheese' (1991) I think this song comes up in 'Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey'... more
I AM A WEEPER
Top Ten Songs
Member Name: angelboouk
Top Ten Songs
Advantages: GREAT SONGS
Disadvantages: DON'T GET TO LISTEN TO THEM MUCH NOW
When I was younger, I was really into my music and had every new single released by my favourite Pop singers. I lost interest in music but my partner is loves to listen to music. Nowadays, I am not into specific bands as such and more if I hear a song I like, it kind of sticks with me whether or not I like the band or singers other offerings. Here are my top 10 of all time!
1. November Rain (Guns N Roses) - this is one heck of a song that was released in 1991. It plays for longer than 9minutes and incorporates superb guitar solos and piano. The video setting is a wedding and then a funeral and is truly spectacular. This is "our song" for me and my partner and it will be played at our wedding and both our funerals. It is very adaptable and if you have never heard it, go one Youtube!
2. My Immortal (Evanescence) - the 3rd on the album Fallen by the alternative metal band. This video for the song is amazingly basic yet appealing and makes me cry everytime as it reminds me of my Papa. The lyrics were wrote by the bands former guitarist and with Amy Lee doing the singing, it was simply a perfect song.
"If you have to leave, I wish you would just leave. Your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone."
3. Hero (Enrique Iglesias) - the video starred the gorgeous Enrique alongside Jennifer Love Hewitt. A tale of 2 lovers running away but people stopping them. Can Enrique be her hero? This song is another tear jerker for me and the words are simply beautiful.
"Now would you die, for the one you love? Hold me in your arms tonight".
4. Now You're Gone (Basshunter) - a dancy tune about a couple who comminicate through text. I didn't expect to like this sort of music but it is really upbeat and the video is great. The DJing and dancing in it makes the small amount of words used work well.
5. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (Aerosmith) - from the Armaggedon soundtrack, this amazing song fits the film perfectly. It has a great tone which paces up near the end and the word go well with what is happening in the film. Never fails to make me weep.
"Don't wanna close my eyes, don't wanna fall asleep, cause I miss you baby and I don't wanna miss a thing".
6. You're Beautiful (James Blunt) - a basic video of James Blunt sitting in the rain singing. The song is so pure and the video is really basic but the words are perfect.
"I saw you're face in a crowded place. And I don't know what to do cause I'll never be with you".
7. Flying Without Wings (Westlife) - a classinc Westlife hit from their first album. I loved Westlife and this was the main song that made me love them. 5 gorgeous men dressed head to toe in white and singing a love song..what could be more perfect?
"Everybodies looking for that something..the one thing that makes them all complete".
8. Goodbye My Friends (Spice Girls) - this signified the end of an era for me when Geri Halliwell left the band. This song was dedicated to her by the other band members and was a perfect send off in my eyes.
"Look for the rainbow in every storm".
9. Apologise (One Republic ft Timbaland) - a fairly recent song and one that got One Republic on the music scene. Directed by the wonderful Timbaland, this song was one that signified that saying sorry may be too late. It was well put together and filmed in a music studio. The song was mainly sang by the band with Timbaland adding his trademark "yeah yeah yeah" in at random points in the song!
"I'm afraid, its too late to apologise..its too late".
10. Buttons (Pussycat Dolls ft Snoop Dogg) - 6 hot girls in skimpy outfits dancing on chairs and flirting with rapper Snoop Dogg. A mans paridise maybe but for me the layout of the video and the words is why I love this song. Damn I wish I had a body like they do though haha I can dream.
"I'm telling you loosen up my buttons babe". A super sexy song.
So I think you will have guessed, I love songs that make me weep lol x
Summary: MY FAVOURITE SONGS