Newest Review: ... watched it since as I am scared to damage my memory of it and what it meant to me. 3) Angel - Spin off from Buffy about the vampire with a... more
Well I like them anyway....
Top Ten TV Programmes... Ever!
Member Name: blazeybug
Top Ten TV Programmes... Ever!
Date: 22/06/09, updated on 27/06/09 (32 review reads)
Advantages: My taste
Disadvantages: Not for everyones taste
See I am not a huge TV fan and I probably only watch about 4 hours of it a week. I will often catch the end of something I like the look of and then go buy it on DVD, as if its a series there are bound to be loads of episodes that I will miss.
1. Family Guy. This is without a doubt the funniest, most offensive programme I have ever seen. I have seen every episode and love them all. It is showing you the life of an American Family. The Dad being extremely thick, the mother who is a bit of a sexual freak, the totally dippy but lovable son and the daughter who is hated by all. Oh yeah the baby who can talk and is an evil genius, and the Dog Brian (who also talks). Sound strange? Well it is but thats what makes it brilliant!
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am sorry but I love this, to the point where I bought the £200 box set! It revolves around Buffy, a normal girl who then finds out she is the chosen one who must save the world from demons and vampires. Her friends "the scoobies" try and help along the way. Sounds totally ridiculous but is actually brilliant.
3. The Ghost Whisperer. Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt as Melinda Gordon who can talk to the dead. Every episode she helps a different person to "cross over" and its always very touching. Only problem I have is the Melinda crys in every episode, which usually makes me start shouting at the TV!
4. How Clean is Your House. The reason I like this is that is makes me feel like my house is a palace! Kim and Aggie go round the UK cleaning up dirty messy houses. This isn't like your usual messy house, we are talking milk bottles full of urine here. GRIM!
5. Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmare. Old Ramsey is one of those you really either love or hate. I am a lover. In this he goes round failing restaurants that are on the brink of closing and helps them to sort out the problems and turn it around. Always ends in arguments and of course Gordon's verbal bashing to the owner, which is always full of swearing. If you watch this - watch Gordon's hands. He seems to use them all the time and you end up wanting to tie them round his back!
6. The Biggest Loser. I have mixed feelings on this programme. It involves contestants battling it out to see who can lose the most way. The principle behind it is good, it revolves around healthy diet and exercise but I don't agree with the way they get tempted with things like "eat this 1000 calorie cake and you get to call your kids" I think that is just cruel.
7. Extreme Makeover - Home Edition. About 50% of the reason I watch this is for the exceptionally fit Ty Pennington lol. The other 50% is because its a lovely idea, rewarding people who have been selfless with a gorgeous (although sometimes over the top new house). They construct the house within 7 days and then show the family. Lots of "oh my gosh'es" and tears so have the kleenex at the ready!
8. Extreme Makeover. This is about people with very low self esteem who have major body hangups. A team of surgeons, dentists and stylists work their magic to give them the body they always wanted. Doesn't exactly promote the "inner beauty" idea but is still good to watch.
9. Britain's Got Talent (or err not as the case may be). I like this simply for the auditions of people making a total plonker of themselves. Some of them who go on to the shows are simply awful and must be doing it as a bet or something and its just always fairly amusing. Must say I tend not to watch the live shows as rigidly.
10. Come Dine With Me. This is about four people who meet for the first time and have to host dinner parties for each other. The person awarded the most points for their party wins £1000. I like this as you get to see how different types of people interact with each other and the different opinions when it comes to 'fine dining'.
Summary: Obviously this MY top so not everyone will like it