Newest Review: ... a house in my favourite part of Devon, and my parents have done a for me and my daughter and due to my mums ill health, she has never be... more
Some daydreaming is quite fun to do!
What would you do if you won the lottery?
Member Name: rolandrat
What would you do if you won the lottery?
Date: 15/07/12, updated on 16/07/12 (62 review reads)
Advantages: Travel, no debts
Disadvantages: Have to keep it secret
What would I do if I won the Lottery?
Well to begin with I do not buy Lottery Tickets, Scratch Cards or have Premium Bonds any more so my chance of getting a windfall of any sort is very emote.
However we can all have flights of fancy and this is what I would like to do with my money:
---KEEP IT SECRET---
I know this might be impossible but I think I would rather spend it in dribs and drabs than be known as a Lottery winner. The main reason I suppose, apart from not wanting to lose friends, would be that it would remove the need to make their own way in the world for my two sons.
I would rather pretend to have had some small winnings on a Scratch Card or something so I could use some money quietly without attracting too much attention.
Come to think of it I would even like to keep the extent of the win from my husband - you never know what strange ideas he might have!!
---HOW WOULD I USE IT---
1) PAY MY DEBTS - we have no mortgage but do have quite a bit on different cards and it would be lovely to be able to clear those.
2) RENOVATIONS - as both my husband and I are not in good health the house has seen better days but we live in a lovely rural area and have a convenient bungalow which suits us. However I would love to have a new kitchen and bathroom and carpets etc - just a general renovation really.
3) CLEANER - after renovation I would get a cleaner to come in regularly - as I find trying to get the chores done very tiring.
4) HOLIDAY - I hardly leave the house and have not had a holiday away for 16 years - so I would love to book a pile of chalets in Centre Parks for all of my own and my sisters family and children. That way we could all be together but I could get plenty of rest - or go out if I felt able.
5) SCOOTER - I use a mobility scooter around the village and I would get one of the biggest ones I could - also I would like a great dormobile - so I could travel where ever wanted and stop and rest whenever I felt like it.
6) SONS DEBTS - I would not want t stop them working but would like to help with the student loans they both have acquired and possibly give them a deposit for a home when the times comes - but would like them to feel that they were providing most of their contribution themselves.
7) TRAVELLING - not being well means I never go anywhere - but I would love sometimes to be able to book taxis and hotels and just stay somewhere different - or to pay to be driven around somewhere.
8) PHILOSOPHY - I know money does not bring happiness but I would welcome the freedom that money would bring with regards actually seeing a bit more of the world.
9) FAMILY TREES - I do vast amounts on my family tree but it would be great to be able to afford loads of certificates to help along the way - or to employ someone for an unsolvable dead-end.
10) MEDICAL - I do not think either my husband nor I would be able to find a magic cure for our ills but it would be good to have someone on the end of a phone or be able to get professional advice whenever we wanted it. Mind you having his own doctor did not do Michael Jackson much good!
11) SHOPPING! - of course being female I would love one mad shopping spree - just to get it out of my system!
I would definitely welcome more money - but not to the extent that my circumstances would be drastically changed.
I would be happy in my own home but the travel opportunities money would give would be welcomed. I like living where we do and would not want to move and have to start all over again - I like living where I know everyone and they all know me.
I would not want people to know as they would then either want handouts or treat me differently.
Now if I have friends it is because of 'me' - not my money.
Summary: You would have to be very careful how you handles the situation.