Newest Review: ... I'm stuck already............ ........in no particular order......... 1. I like the colour of my hair- it's naturally very dark with hard... more
A bit about l500589
Your Top 10
Member Name: l500589
Your Top 10
Date: 17/05/12, updated on 13/11/12 (140 review reads)
Advantages: Now you know
Disadvantages: Now you know
Working 6 days a week, and all the travelling involved with my job, I don't really feel as though I have much spare time, but when I am at a loose end there are numerous activities that I like to try and fit in. This is a list of my top 10 favourite things that I enjoy doing in my spare time. They are in no particular order, as I think that it is too difficult to separate some of them:
1: Dooyoo! I have been a member of the Dooyoo community for about 3 years now, and I really enjoy spending my time on here writing, reading and rating a variety of different products. At first I was skeptical about the site - would it really pay money out for writing reviews? I remember getting to my first 50000 dooyoo miles and redeeming them for a cheque, and I stopped writing for a week or so, as I eagerly awaited the £50 cheque to appear, and I was over the moon when it arrived - and it got accepted at the building society! An even better feeling was when I got my first crown - I had to do a double take, and I kept telling everyone in my family and friends about it, even though they probably had no idea what I was on about!! I pop into Dooyoo most days - often at work in my breaks, just to read and rate.
2. Family and friends! I feel very lucky to have a great family that I get on well with, from my wife, my mum and dad, my brother, uncles, aunties, cousins, and all my in-laws. I tend to spend lots of my spare time visiting them, or speaking on the phone, and if I had more time I would love to do more of it. I also enjoy spending time with my friends, and see most of them at least once a week.
3. Jigsaws! This is a hobby that I have not done for a few years now, but I have several Jigsaws that are un-opened and ready for me to tackle next time I get some spare time. About 7 years ago, I used to complete a Jigsaw puzzle roughly every month, but that stopped when I had a cat, as he would always get in amongst the pieces, and it proved impossible. Now I have a little office though where I should be able to start enjoying them again in piece.
4. Speaking of my cat - Arnold, I just have to include him in this list! He is the little fella in my profile picture (The fluffy ginger one, not the bald headed one!). He often occupies a lot of my spare time, either playing around with me, or having a doze on my knee whilst I watch TV.
5. Earning money on the internet. I do spend a lot of my spare time earning bits of money, or vouchers from a whole host of different sites, by writing reviews, answering surveys, completing searches etc. The money comes in very handy, and I actually enjoy doing it. If anyone wants to know more about this, then please feel free to Inbox me.
6. Share trading. I have dabbled around with trading stocks and shares for over 10 years now, and it is a hobby I expect I will be doing even more of in the future. My Job is set to disappear next year, as my department is being transferred to China, and so I hope to use a little portion of my redundancy money to have a proper go at trying to make a living from trading stocks and shares full time.
7. Gardening. Up until last summer I could not stand gardening, and used to keep my garden as simple as possible, to reduce the work required to keep it neat and tidy. More recently though I have really got into it, and actually enjoy getting out in the fresh air, and planting more and more new things. I find it therapeutic, and get a real sense of achievement from it once I have it exactly as I want it.
8. Cider. I really love a nice cold glass of cider, with a few cubes of ice in it, and often treat myself to a glass or 2 in the evening if I'm not at work.
9. Running. This is one of my most recent hobbies that I have only been doing for a month or so. It started with me running the 'Killer Mile' at Mow Cop (Staffordshire) for charity back in April, and I really got the bug for it. I run most weeks now, and earlier this month I ran a 5K race at Trentham Gardens in support of the Donna Louise Trust. I intend to get involved with as many runs for charity as I can over the foreseeable future, to help out all the great causes, and to keep myself fit at the same time.
10. Holidays. In between a full time job, and the other 9 hectic activities listed above, I love nothing more than getting away from everything for a week away on holiday. This year I have a week at the beginning of July booked up for Bulgaria, and a week at the end of August booked up for Turkey (reviews to follow I'm sure!). In between these two weeks, a large group of my friends are joining my wife and I for the Queens Jubilee weekend at a caravan park in Wales - plenty to look forward too.
Thanks for reading, I hope this wasn't too boring, and that everyone feels that they now know a little bit more about L500589 (aka Mark).
© L500589 2012
Summary: That's what I like to do in my spare time!