Product Type: Bosch Hotpoint Dishwasher
Newest Review: ... door. I don't think this machine washes or dries quite as well as our previous Bosch. Not a lot in it though. We don't use any intensive ... more
Efficient and quiet dishwasher.
Member Name: Sliggy
Advantages: Very quiet. Low water/electricity usage.
Disadvantages: Possibly not quite as good at washing/drying as some less frugal models.
Full size energy/water efficient dishwasher from Bosch. Owned this about a month now. Obviously I cant comment on the reliability of this particular model but my last Bosch dishwasher (SGS0902) lasted almost exactly 10 years. So here are my thoughts on the machine, no specs you can get those from other places.
Firstly its VERY quiet (one of the reasons we chose it), we have virtually no internal doors and those we do have are never shut, but this runs so quietly you wouldn't know its running once you have left the kitchen, we always run it over night (on economy 7 tariff) it never wakes anyone even when they are sleeping downstairs in the room next door.
I don't think this machine washes or dries quite as well as our previous Bosch. Not a lot in it though. We don't use any intensive wash or drying settings which no doubt would improve things, however that would also increase water and electricity consumption.
This washer has a cutlery tray at the top of the machine instead of a basket. The tray is easier to load and takes much more cutlery than a basket can. It also give significant extra space in the lower draw. However the draw does reduce the height available to the top basket, this means that our small plates no longer fit in the top draw and the cutlery tray often catches on cereal bowls in the top draw. Nothing major but a tad annoying on occasion.
A bonus that I didn't know of until reading the manual is that you can plumb this to the HOT water supply. This is great if you have an alternative to heating your hot water by electricity. Solar heating would be lovely, or maybe like us you have solid fuel heating that heats more hot water than you can easily use in the winter (though none in the summer). This could be a great money saver for some, though obviously not for others.
Summary: Great for overnight use, low running costs.
|Ease of use:|
|warm up/cool down:|
More reviews in the field of Dishwasher
- Expensive Bosch Dishwashers Avoid
- Put away those marigolds and let the machine do the work
- Quality machine at a budget price
- Great appliance
- Kenwood dishwasher
- Dishwasher that work
- if you hate washing dishes like me, then this is for you
- Great Dishwasher for washing, doesn't dry brilliantly though
- Hands dont do dishes
- White Knight DW0845WA
- Beko DW601
- CDA WC461
- Baumatic BDWF670SL Freestanding Dishwasher
- Hotpoint FDUD4212P Dishwasher Ultima 14 Place A++ Rated Polar White
- Bosch SMS40T42GB 12 Place Freestanding Dishwasher
- Russell Hobbs RHSLDW1B Freestanding Slimline Black Dishwasher
- Russell Hobbs RHDW1S Freestanding Silver Dishwasher
- Russell Hobbs RHDW1B Freestanding Black Dishwasher
- Russell Hobbs RHDW1 White Fullsize Dishwasher