* Prices may differ from that shown
The Hotpoint FDL570P is a free standing Dishwasher with the following specs:
Dimensions: 85 x 60 x 60 cm
Control Type: Electronic
Place Settings: 12
Noise Level: 49 dB
Drying System: Residual drying
Water Softener: Yes
Rinse Aid Dispenser: Yes
Adjustable Racks: Yes
Salt refill indicator: Yes
Delay Start Timer: Yes
Energy Efficiency: A
Wash Performance: A
Dry Performance: A
Energy Consumption: 1.05kW
Water Consumption: 16 litres
I bought this after loads and loads of research, and to be honest I found it really difficult to find free impartial advice on which dishwasher to get, there are loads of one paragraph reviews out there so really hope this helps you.
The cheapest place to find this model is definitely online, you are looking at paying between £269 (Dixons online store) or £358 (House of Fraser), by the time you read this it may even be cheaper.
If there is one thing which I haven't liked about this dishwasher its the exterior build quality, it feels quite weak, and even the door feels like it won't last more than a couple of years, the dials and buttons are all of pretty good standard and look pretty durable
Internally all looks pretty solid, the trays and cutlery carriage are all made from pretty sturdy stuff.
Being "AAA" graded means this is about as eco friendly and wallet friendly a dishwasher you can get. It is built for 12 place settings and it comes with 7 built in programmes:
Quick Wash/Rapid '27
All the programmes worked very well, and with the residual drying process, it made sure that all the dishes were dried perfectly! But one thing to note about the Rapid/Quick wash is that it doesn't dry the dishes, and its not ideal for heavily soiled dishes, better off sticking to normal or super wash which both do a good job.
I was also able to get all my large plates in the dishwasher with a little bit of manoeuvring in the lower tray, this was one of my main concerns as most dishwashers don't accommodate the larger plates, but this one did a good job. Having the lower tray adjust so that the raised plate holders collapse is simple genius, it gives a lot more room for those annoying pots and pans that I never managed to get into my last dishwasher.
The dishwasher also comes with the following extra features:
Adjustable upper basket
- This was really useful for cramming in as much as I could, and under the normal and superwash they all washed very well
Programme progress indicator
- I liked this feature as with my old dishwasher I wasn't sure if it was stuck, with this I know roughly what its doing
Self-balancing door for easier loading/unloading
- To be honest this didn't seem too different from any other dishwasher door
Salt refill indicator & Rinse Aid Dispenser/Refill Indicator
- This is super useful! Most of the problems caused are due to not having enough salt or rinse aid in the dishwasher, no excuses now!
Cold fill only
- This is a great feature as it help keep your carbon footprint and bills down.
Built in water softener
- This is great for us in the hard water London areas, but the instructions to change the settings are pretty hard to understand
Over all I have been very impressed by the performance and moderately impressed by the build quality, but for this price you really can't go too far wrong.
Short name: Hotpoint FDL570P