* Prices may differ from that shown
As music producer I was in need of a decent bit of kit that was highly durable, played CDs and MP3s which looked fairly semi-pro for carrying around with me to meetings or for simply setting up a playlist for a private party. This little unit has all the industry standard features that you could ever want, and I don't actually use them all.
* Interactive "AQ-Touch" touch sensitive jog wheel (MP3 and CD)
* MP3 playback with file and folder text
* Slot loading mechanism with indicator LED
* 4 memory banks for sampler and cue
* Internal intelligent memory system
* Auto/Manual BPM (effects linked)
* Effects: scratch, echo, filter, brake, flanger, phase, pan and transform
* Reverse play
* Master tempo
* 6 effect-sync parameter sets
* Reads CD-R and CD-RW discs
* Original SonyTM laser
* Pitch range selectable ±4, 8, 16 & 100%
* Instant start and seamless loop
* Relay play allows consecutive playback between two decks
* 10 seconds of anti-shock memory
This machine has got to be one of the most robust bits of kit that I think I've ever owned. It's not an everyday item that you'd find in someone's house in their hi-fi cabinet. One feature that blew me away was the scratch wheel. And it's not as sensitive as some CD players which if you move the unit a millimetre it jumps - well this I'm glad to say doesn't. All CDs are inserted via the bottom of the unit.
At the rear of the unit you have the usual left and right phono outputs along with the digital out, relay, power button and AC in lead.
On the actual unit is a nicely illuminated blue screen which tells you what is going on such as volume, track number, EQ, length of recordings et - all of which are fully controllable by the many buttons beside the panel. You have complete control over the pitch shifting system and for you musos out there you can shift it by ±4%, 8%, 16% & 100%. You can also set the BPM (beats per minute) and this leads you in to your next chosen tracks seamlessly. One thing that is worth every penny you pay for this is that you can plan your track list ahead of when you need to use it, it has a total of 8 handy effects.
Recommended to any aspiring DJ who wants to experiment a little with their CD collection, also ideal for working DJs out there on the circuit. It takes all the hassle out of carry all of your vinyl's around in heavy flight cases.
Purchased from Amazon for £275 2 years ago.