Product Type: Vivid Imaginations Doll
Newest Review: ... snapped on the nail varnish she hasn't really bothered with it. This Bratz Fashion Makeover Doll costs £19.99 from Argos which is what... more
My daughter loves it... I'm not so sure!
Bratz Movie Starz Funky Fashion Make Over Yasmin
Member Name: lil_missgiggles
Bratz Movie Starz Funky Fashion Make Over Yasmin
Advantages: Full body makeover, makeup easy to remove
Disadvantages: Expensive for what you get, makeup hard to apply
The Bratz funky fashion makeover is the first ever full body makeover doll. You can style everything from her head to her toes. The doll is a good size and measures approximately 11 1/2" (29 cm) high and 10" (26 cm) from toes to back. She is available in 2 different characters. She comes complete with:
1 hair brush
1 pair of earrings
1 hair glitter
2 hair highlight cream tubes
2 containers of glitter (to use on lips, apply lipgloss first)
1 nail polish
All the makeup items can be used on either the makeover doll or yourself and the doll comes complete with full instructions on how to apply the various different types of makeup.
What does my daughter think?
When she unpacked the doll, she was quite disappointed as immediately she noticed that the hair seemed to be covered in hairspray around the back (out of sight when in the box, guess its to control it so it looks nice when its in its packaging) but this did brush out with a bit of effort.
After sorting out the hair, she went straight to work with the makeup but found its not the easiest thing to do... it went everywhere!! Obviously it doesn't rub in to the plasticy doll so just spreads everywhere. I think the trick here is to use little as it does go a long way. The hair glitter was easy to apply after the hair had been thoroughly brushed and it was probably the best result out of all the different products you get with this doll.
I was quite worried about how to remove the nail varnish after it had been used. I had the idea that I would use acetone free nail varnish remover (which I have in huge amounts due to having nail extensions) as this wouldn't melt the plastic... but would it take the colour off the doll? I decided the doll would have been a waste if she couldn't use the nail varnish so I let her do it anyway. After a while she was bored and decided to remove the work she had done so far. Surprisingly the nail varnish just wiped off as easy as the rest of the makeup! What was all the panic for? If I would have read the instructions a bit more carefully, I would have realised it said to remove the nail varnish off of the doll with a wet towel or tissue paper but I didn't see this on the back.
The makeup included can also be used for the child themselves and Megan did try it out. She doesn't have sensitive skin so these products are fine for her to use. She loved the hair glitter and the lipgloss especially and I think she will probably be using them again in the future for partys, even though she already has a collection to outdo me!
Megan wanted to give the makeover doll 5/5 because she absolutely loves it, then she said to knock one off for the hairspray and the nail varnish. Personally I think its more of a 3. Yes, she loves it and enjoys playing with it and I suppose you cant expect much more from a makeover doll, but I think its terrible value for money. For £35 I expected something quite spectacular. To be honest, if I spent that much money on a makeover doll again, I would want it to talk or something, not just sit there! I do think its massively over priced but then again what did I expect? If you were still considering buying this doll, I have seen it in Tesco for half price recently.
1. Cosmetics are recommended for children 6 years and over. Adult supervision is recommended. Cosmetics are laboratory tested and safe for use as prescribed. As with all cosmetics, some individual skin types may experiece minor skin irritation. If this occurs, discontinue use.
2. Cosmetics are for external use only. Discontinue use if irritation or rash appears. Do not use on broken skin.
3. Do not consume any of the make up in this playset.
4. Avoid direct contact with eyes. If this occurs, flush with water immediately. If inflammation occurs or pain persists, contact your doctor immediately.
This product contains CI 19140 (tartrazine) which may cause allergic-type reactions (including bronchial asthma) in certain susceptable persons. If skin rash, irritation, sensitization or other allergic reaction occurs, seek medical attention immediately.
Do not cut your Bratz hair. Unlike real hair it does not grow back!
Written by me and also posted on Ciao under my user name lizngaz
Summary: A full body makeover on a Bratz doll
More reviews in the field of Doll
- A cute little book!
- Check Out My Fluffy Pom Poms
- 2d girl in a 3d world!
- Let Your Imagination Run Wild.
- Twice the fun with the pixel chix
- The pixel chix with 4 rooms in one house & a baby!
- For your own red haired princess
- Fun with Ember Flicker Flame
- The soft and snazzy Disney Merida doll
- A beautiful doll
- Mattel Barbie Becky
- Mattel Barbie As Princess Annaliese
- Mattel Barbie Beach Pink Swimsuit
- Mattel Barbie and the 3 Musketeers Corinne
- Mattel Barbie Bathing Suit
- Sylvanian Families Master bedroom set
- Sylvanian Families Maces mouse twin babies
- Sylvanian Families Luxury toilet
- Sylvanian Families Luxury Pram
- Sylvanian Families Monkey family