Product Type: ELC Doll
Newest Review: ... my daughter got it at this age as it means she can play with it properly. I'd definitely recommend this ELC Rosebud house, it looks cu... more
Gorgeous house, fantastic quality
ELC Rosebud Dolls House
Member Name: jkf11
ELC Rosebud Dolls House
Advantages: Beautifully made, sturdy, fantastic quality
I decided I wanted to get my 2.5 year old a doll's house for Christmas as she really enjoyed playing with one at a friend's house. I looked about and did find them cheaper but the quality just didn't match up to this one so despite the high price I went ahead and bought it.
The house really is beautiful. Outside is beautifully painted with so much detail, it's just wonderful. The roof is painted pink with a roof tile effect and 2 fake chimneys. Each window has a set of pink wooden shutters with heart shapes cut out of them which can be opened and closed. There is painted detail above and below the windows with fake flower boxes under each. The front door can also be opened and closed.
The house is 3 floors with staircases running between each floor. The roof opens upwards and sits back to reveal the third floor. It rests back on the house so does not have to be held open whilst playing. The front consists of 2 doors which open outwards to reveal the bottom and middle floors.
Inside, the walls are also painted pink and cream to imitate wallpaper which is so much nicer than cheaper versions where the inside is just plain wood.
The house comes flat-packed and is heavy but is very easy to put together. Everything just slots together, the only thing that needed to be screwed on were the roof hinges. Once constructed the house is very sturdy and can be moved about easily without falling apart. It took my husband and I about 10 minutes to have it out of the box and constructed and it could easily be dis-assembled should the need arise.
I guess the downside of this product is that it is expensive and does not come with the furniture sets which are also expensive. However, the quality of this house and the matching furniture sets are so high that I can see my daughter getting years and years of enjoyment out of it and it will be worth every penny. I have bought the dining room, kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom, pet set and doll set and my daughter spends hours role-playing.
Some furniture sets come with small pieces (For example, the dining room set comes with small plates and cups) which may not be suitable for younger children but these can always be put away for a while until you feel your child is old enough.
The attention to detail on this product and the quality compared to so many others is far superior and I really would recommend spending that extra bit of money, you won't be disappointed.
Summary: Worth every penny
More reviews in the field of Doll
- A ground that anyone would be happy to play in
- Can we have the bing bong song please?
- Anyone for a pleasure cruise down the river on my new boat
- It's time to get that extension you've been meaning to get
- Cabbage patch fairy for my little fairy....or is it for me?
- Barbie's Matted Head Of Hair
- Baby Annabell
- Great day and night time companion for a Spiderman fan
- All The Fun Of The Fair.
- Lalaloopsy go Lala - Oopsie Whatever Next
- Disney Princess Ballgown Surprise Ariel 2-in-1
- Disney Princess Baby Ariel
- Disney Princess Aurora Pet Care
- Disney Princess Ariel Doll
- Disney Princes Snow White Glowing Princess
- Sylvanian Families Fresian cow family
- Sylvanian Families Fresian cow baby with crib
- Sylvanian Families Fresian cow baby twins
- Sylvanian Families Folding Table & Chairs
- Sylvanian Families Fisher cat family