Product Type: Vivid Imaginations Doll
Newest Review: ... framed windows, a back and front door and a balcony on the roof. This toy mirrors her actual house perfectly, right down to the dancing flo... more
A Five Star Fifi Playset
Fifi Deluxe Forget-Me-Not Cottage
Member Name: elfbwillow1
Fifi Deluxe Forget-Me-Not Cottage
Advantages: Durable, interactive, fun
Disadvantages: Hard to find
Fifi Deluxe Forget-Me-Not Cottage
My daughter may only be three, but she is already completely into little people and little houses, and what with Christmas coming up, there were only so many Peppa Pig items we could buy her, so was on a hunt for something else. We came across this Fifi Forget-Me-Not-Cottage on Ebay practically brand new for only £7.00 and so snapped it up. I have since seen this on Amazon for up to £20.00 plus postage and packaging, so we really did get a great bargain, and even better - my daughter loved it!
FIFI FORGET ME NOT
Fifi Forget Me Not is a children's character seen on Nick Jr and Channel Five's Milkshake; 'Fifi and the Flower Tots'. Although her name suggests that she remembers everything, she actually forgets a lot of important things, yet with the help of her friends always remembers in the end. It is a fun-loving, simple programme, full of colour and laughter with some great characters in which my daughter loves.
For more about this programme, follow the link below;
Anyway, with that out of the way, let me take you on to this wonderful toy.
Fifi Forget Me Not lives in a lovely little cottage shaped like a watering can, and that is exactly what this little house is. It is mimicked exactly upon the cottage in the television programme, so is instantly recognisable.
The watering can cottage is in lovely yellow and pale blue colours with a sturdy handle at the back as well as one situated on the top to make it easier to carry. The spout is on the other side, which can be removed for storage. These parts of the watering can cottage, although also there for the design and practicality, are also very much part of the cottage. The handle on the top has two small safe hooks which a small white plastic hammock can be hung from creating an extra bed for the little people, and the spout lifts up slightly to position a small leaf swing onto, as well as having a plastic stick coming from the end which fits into the bottom of one of the little people and can be made to fly around in a circle by a little handle on the inside of the spout which is positioned above the stove inside the cottage. The swing has a thin string attachment to it to hang it on the spout which is actually quite strong though if it does break, it can easily be replaced by the usual household string. The little plastic stick is probably the only real flimsy part to the toy as it bends very easily which makes it difficult to put into the little character.
The cottage can be played with either open or shut. When shut, it takes the shape of the watering can and is kept closed by a little hook which is shaped like a flower pot which has some lovely flowers inside which can be taken out to reveal a flower hair clip for your child to wear themselves. This comes complete with a little flower ring which Fifi herself wears as well as your child now! Although there are a number of pale blue windows which you are able to see into, only one has outside shutters which you can open and close. There are also two doors in the same colours which open and close easily. For decoration purposes, there is a little pipe that leads into a barrel as well as pink and green flower patterns all over. Underneath one window are some more flowers, though with these you can actually water! I do not mean with real water, though, but with the little watering can that comes with the cottage. When you press this against the flowers, they actually dance!
There are three levels to the cottage. The top level is a roof balcony which can also be accessed when the cottage is closed. This has a little pink railing around it and a small hatch which you can open which leads to the inside of the cottage. A little detachable white ladder can be hooked underneath the hatch to lead to the second floor. When opened, the cottage splits the second floor in half, and the first floor into three parts with no assembly required. The second floor is pretty much empty allowing room for the child to put the other little pieces such as the bed and wardrobe in there. On one window, there are some material curtains which can be opened and closed and hooked back like curtain ties which are great! There is a lovely leaf shaped staircase which leads to the lower floor which has immovable objects in; a banana sofa, sink, desk and stove. The stove is the only interactive immovable part on this floor with one of the stove lids lifting up and the oven door opening allowing you to put the little tin of cakes inside. This is the part my daughter loves; when you put the cakes in the oven and shut the door properly, the cakes rise! It is a little difficult for my daughter, though, and even I find it tricky to open and close the oven door properly.
The cottage comes with many different accessories including Fifi and five of her friends; Violet, Primrose, Bumble, Slugsy and Stingo. Fifi, Violet and Primrose all have legs which bend to allow them to sit and stand, and Fifi's arms bend to allow her to grip the wheelbarrow. The other characters do not have movable limbs and are quite bendy so if too much force is put on them, they can be bent out of shape, though due to the soft plastic make, I doubt they would actually break. All the characters stand up well which is a great thing as it really frustrates my daughter when some of her Peppa Pig figures do not stand without falling over! Fifi and Bumble are also slightly scented, although I can not place the smell, it is a little bit like rose scented lip gloss! This scent stays around for a long time!
The other accessories include;
* Bed - This comes in two parts, though is very easy to assemble. It also has a plastic cover which rises up and down via safe hinges at the bottom to allow you to put the characters in bed easily. The cover is shaped for Fifi, Violet and Primrose though you are able to get the other characters in too (except Slugsy) though without the comfort fit!
* Wardrobe - The wardrobe has two doors which open and close with space inside to put a few small pieces.
* Table and Four Chairs - The table has a middle piece which flips over to reveal either an empty table or a table set with plates and food. The four chairs have a green leaf back with pale blue leaf shaped legs and flower seating area, also in pale blue. The backs of the seats are a little flimsy in the way that, like some of the characters, can be bent easily, though this time, I can see them break if too much force is given!
* Deckchair - This can be laid flat, or opened up to shape the seat with two height adjustable positions. This comes in handy depending upon what character you want to sit in it. The seat part is a white and flower print material seat which can not be removed so does get a little grimy after a while, though I do try to keep it clean by wiping it every now and again though the material does not allow this to clean it well.
* Wheelbarrow - Fifi's hands are shaped to hold onto this wheelbarrow and once she is holding it, you can get her to push it along as the front wheel turns really well.
* Apron - This small apron is quite annoying as it keeps getting lost as it is so small! It is also quite bendy and once bent out of shape does not click onto Fifi or the others very well at all.
* Flowerpot complete with flower
* Watering Can
The one main disappointing fact, although certainly not one that should stop you from buying this great toy, is that although the cottage has a handy carrying handle, you are not able to keep the accessories inside once the watering can is shut as there is just no room what with all the objects that are glued to the inside of the cottage. This is such a shame as the outside is designed for this nature, though the inside seems to have missed this idea. It does not stop my daughter from carrying the cottage out with the little figures and accessories in her little case!
In my opinion, this has been one of the best purchases in the last year or so. My daughter plays with it every day, and also includes her little Peppa Pig figures in it, although they can not be used alongside some of the accessories. Apart from the plastic stick on the spout already bent, everything else has withstood drops and tempers. There are no scratches on the toy at all, and it has fallen off of the table many a time! There are so many interactive parts to both the cottage itself and the people and accessories and has provided hours of play for my daughter.
The one problem I have found is that this toy seems quite difficult to find. At the moment it is on Amazon being sold from Viz Toys and Games Company, though I was hard pressed to find anywhere else that had it other than Ebay. Do look around, though, as once you find it and buy it, you certainly will not regret it. As already mentioned, I was very lucky to pick this up for such a low price, though even at near £20.00 I would say that it is a great bargain!
I would recommend this toy for the age of two years plus and I can see it lasting the child for a good many years.
Summary: An Excellent Fifi Playset
- Sylvanian Families Field mouse baby
- Sylvanian Families Fawn rabbit twin
- Sylvanian Families Fawn rabbit family
- Sylvanian Families Farmyard accessories
- Sylvanian Families Family life carry case assorted
- Streets Ahead Dolls House Kitchen Stove Range
- Streets Ahead Dolls House Sofa and Two Chairs
- Sylvanian Families Nightlight Nursery Set
- Golden Bear Charlie & Lola - Giggling Lola
- Character Options Disney Princess Doll - Ariel