Product Type: Sylvanian Doll
Newest Review: ... Canal Boat The Boat is a replica canal boat which comes complete with galley kitchen, bunks, little table and all the accessories... more
A collectors item, not a toy
Sylvanian Families Canal Boat
Member Name: CelticRuin
Sylvanian Families Canal Boat
Advantages: Finish off your collection and round it all out.
Disadvantages: Not something I would buy for a child at Christmas
Right, you must understand I am 100% adult. I do all the things we are told we shouldn't and I do them with regard for nothing at all.
Which means I am a huge kid. Come Christmas I am the one running around Hamleys toy store like a idiot on an ice cream rush. Love it!
I had a huge collection of Sylvanian Families things when I was younger. I gave them away when I got too 'old' to play with them and had regretted it every since.
Until about 5 years ago when I was searching the shelves of a toy store for that perfect gift for a nephew who does nothing but moan about how he wanted the other one, not the one you bought him. Sitting in the corner was a collection of little blue and white boxes. I almost cried with joy. Almost. They had reappeared into the world where they so belong.
And so the collection began again.
It was only last year then my boyfriend thought to buy me this canal boat. The very same I had as a child. I was so excited to have another piece for my ever growing collection. Since reliving my childhood I had not once been disappointed by the stunning detail and care put into all of their products.
Until I go the canal boat that is.
I can't stress how much I think Sylvanian families should be a part of any young girls life. They have lots of small parts, plenty of detail, families of forest animals. It truly is a dolls house on a whole other scale.
However the canal boat missed the mark. It has little of interest within its plastic walls. It doesn't have the same detail as many of the other houses/buildings. There is little furniture space, a couple of cubby holes for the families storage and some stickers to place along to side of the boat to give it some colour. The only detail I really like is the tiny washing line (complete with towels and pegs) that hang across the roof.
It is a nice piece to add to any collection, but doesn't hold the same play time potential as other Sylvanian homes and houses. It is the kind of thing for a collector such as myself to use, set up and never move. Not a high rating on the fun factor. But please don't let this put you off many of the other fantastic houses and families available in the range.
Summary: Cute and cuddly, not for fun.
More reviews in the field of Doll
- The Largest House On The Block
- A sweet cottage ideal for any little girl or boy who enjoys watching Fifi.
- A must have for a wooden doll house
- Great product for girls but not if you are on a budget
- Quality Character Treehouse Available For Immediate Vacant Possession
- Let's Get Cooking
- Another idea for a present..............
- A Rocking and a St-Rolling
- Baba Pink
- My Little Baby Born - first "proper" doll
- My Blue Nose Friends Kittywink the Cat's Kitchen Set
- Hasbro My Little Pony Ponyville Sweetie Belle Figure
- Imajo Fair Trade and Handmade Flower Girl Rag Doll
- Corolle Julia Doll
- Zapf Creation Baby Annabell
- Disney Princess Paper Dolls Storybook
- Sylvanian Families Kangaroo Twin Babies
- Disney Sofia the First Singing Doll
- Disney Minnie's Fashion Jet
- Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Palace