Newest Review: ... known as "rockets" in order to accumulate points. Players guide mice to the rockets by moving a cursor along a square grid game b... more
Chu Chu Rocket (DC)
Chu Chu Rocket (DC)
Date: 16/07/01, updated on 16/07/01 (17 review reads)
Advantages: Original, Addictive, Free
Disadvantages: One second delay in online play
This game is Sega's first online game and it is a corker. You get a free copy for signing up for Sega's ISP Dreamarena which doesn't take long. The game involves you directing a line of mice(ChuChu) around an arena and delivering them to the safety of the rocket. Sounds stupid, and granted the idea is, but it's a great game to play. The action is fast as you struggle to keep your mice out of the way of those pesky cats that are out to ruin your fun. The game is suprisingly good fun cosidering all you have to pay for is the cost of a few minutes on the internet.
The game gets frantic and has the Tetris-like addictivity to it that keeps you coming back time and time again.
The name is not without fault though. Playing online is a nightmare. The Dreamcast houses a 33K modem which isn't as fast as the more widely used 56K. The game then has a one second delay which can cause you to die and fail as the game requires quick responses to save the mice.
It doesn't matter about the faults though as this game is free. I don't think that I would have bought this game if it wasn't free, but nevertheless it deserves 5 stars for originality and a large amount of fun that's packed into a free game
More reviews in the field of Dreamcast Game
- My name is Ryo
- 10 years of experience makes a fantasic game
- Robot wars meets perfect dark!!
- doa2- More than just top heavy women?
- Justm when you think RE has had it
- It's that wretched blue hedgehog again!
- The days when tongues could decapitate...
- Great arcade experience, ported faithfull to the DC. Getting a little pricey the ...
- An average game, with some quite severe flaws, but nothing can beat it for stres ...