Product Type: Panasonic DVD players
Newest Review: ... top menu which is confusing at first. - Good volume, with headphones (which are not included). I wouldn't use it without them, the sound i... more
A bit of a mixed bag; some good points, some bad.
Panasonic DVD LA 95
Member Name: loconnor88
Panasonic DVD LA 95
Date: 30/03/12, updated on 30/03/12 (3 review reads)
Advantages: Good picture quality, good sound with headphones, light and compact.
Disadvantages: Battery not great, screen not huge, volume not good without headphones.
I've had this a few years now and I still regularly use it, despite it's bad points. But let's start with the good:
- Good picture quality, this is the main reason I keep using it.
- Somewhat simple to use, once you get the hang of it e.g. it has two menu buttons: menu and top menu which is confusing at first.
- Good volume, with headphones (which are not included). I wouldn't use it without them, the sound is just ok otherwise.
- Light and compact.
So far, so good for a portable DVD player but then there's the bad:
- Bad battery life, I pretty much always keep it plugged in.
- Gets hot underneath, so I usually put a book or something underneath it.
- The screen isn't a huge size, but the picture quality does make up for this.
It's probably simpler to watch movies on a laptop but this is still a good option. I only use it when I want to watch movies in bed or when I go on holiday and there's no DVD player, for both of these it's really good. And the fact that it's compact and light comes in handy in both of those situations, as it's easy to store and carry around. But, if you wanted to use it often, without the charger plugged in and without headphones, it's not worth it and you might as well use a laptop. It really depends on how you're going to use it.
Use - 3/5.
Value for money - 3/5.
Design - 4/5.
Summary: Can be good but depends on how you're going to use it.
|Ease of use:|