* Prices may differ from that shown
After moving into my new house I was left DVD playerless! However my parents happened to have this spare one from my dads personal stash of junk that he keeps (its an old DVD player of theirs) and gave me this to go with my TV in my house!
I would of thought the DVD player is close to 10 years old now, its not a newish model... however for its age it has actually outdone my expectations... as I will soon tell you.
Size of the DVD player
H = 5.7cm
L = 43cm
W = 24.8cm
There is no size information for this online so I have done this myself with my own tape measure!
As you can see its quite slim-line for an older style DVD player.
About this DVD player
* The first thing you will notice about this is the little screen which scrolls writing when turned on - "Welcome to DVD world" and scrolls "Bye" when turned off. I think considering the age of the product this is really before its time.
* The DVD player is also very slim line - which is great for fitting into the smallest of spaces - it fits into a slot in my TV unit perfectly -
* Despite it being "ancient" it comes with a lightweight easy to use remote control with all your usual buttons you find on standard remotes for DVD players - my 6 year old daughter uses it without ease to give an idea on this!
* This DVD player has the option to play WMA files (low quality sound files), MP3 files (well known music files) and JPEG files (photo giles) - I have never tried to play WMA's on this but I love to put on MP3 CD's on this and I have been known to play photo disks from this to my TV - and has never given me any issues.
* You do get the following inlets/outlets on the back of the DVD player - AC in (power supply), Audio Out L&R (to plug into two speakers) and 4 component video outlets... there also is a AV scart outlead which I use to connect to my TV - I have never used the audio and video outlets (because I'm a boring girl who accepts sound through the TV only!) but its nice to know these things are there ready to use when you want.
As old as it is, it is not overused and as a result has never caused any issues. It looks good and Panasonic is an awesome brand that you can trust.
You can only buy this second hand now but is available on Amazon from £30 onwards.
The DVD S35 is a very slim DVD-Video Player with Multi Format Playback. This fully featured DVD player features 54MHz/10-Bit Video DAC processing and multi format playback including DVD Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, CD, CD-R/RW, SVCD, VCD, JPEG, MP3 and WMA. There's variable zoom and an audio/JPEG navigation menu. The DVD-S35 has a component output and an RGB output via a SCART socket.