Product Type: Philips DVD players
Newest Review: ... more that DVDs, something that I was quite impressed with. You can play DVD, DVD+/-R and DVD+/-RW, VCD, DivX and MPEG4 movies. It is also c... more
Philips PET 716
Member Name: anakha66
Advantages: High quality playback, doesn't just play DVDs, fairly cheap
Disadvantages: Short battery life .
Bought this a while back and quite pleased with it. I would recommend shopping around if you want to buy this as there is a huge variety in price, I got it for around 50 pounds.
It can play alot more that DVDs, something that I was quite impressed with. You can play DVD, DVD+/-R and DVD+/-RW, VCD, DivX and MPEG4 movies. It is also capable of playing music and Plays MP3-CD, CD and CD-RW. However, I tend to use it more as a DVD player as there are much better, and smaller, devices for music.
The quality is quite good, and the player has an LCD display. The screen size is only 7" but considering you very rarely watch movies on it from more than a metre away from your face, that's not that bad. It also has a built in stereo speaker, which is actually really loud and clear, for when you don't want to use head phones.
One bad point I have found with this is that it is impossible to reach the end of most movies on the charge alone, having a meagre 2 hours run time, as I found out to my extreme annoyance, be sure to take the car adaptor with you when using this.
Summary: Great dvd player, crap battery.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of DVD Player
- What do I have to say, it is a PANASONIC!
- Excellent ups-caling player for people with standard DVDs
- Power Adaptor not included in warranty
- Five Years On It's Still Going Strong
- Not bad if you already have the accessories
- Entertainment wherever you are!
- Very low cost DVD player, but looks very modern and expensive
- super value, picture and screen.
- Reviews for old and new version of this Argos Value 7" DVD Player.
- When TV Sucks & You Want To Visit Your Personal DVD Collection