Product Type: Proline DVD players
Newest Review: ... and have given Proline a wide berth from now on. So, I am afraid I will not be recommending the Proline 1000 DVD player to other buy... more
My first stand alone DVD player
Proline 1000 DVD
Member Name: Silent Bob
Proline 1000 DVD
Date: 18/07/00, updated on 17/08/00 (40 review reads)
Advantages: Can be made Multi Region
Disadvantages: Large areas of colour can blur
This is the first stand alone DVD player I have bought, Usually I have them in my PC. I seen this player for £150 and thought way not, I had read a review and it got a decent mark and found out it had a multi region cheat accessed via the remote control (very easy to do open tray put in other egion disk press 0,1,2,3 then play).
Got it home and aset it up easy enough, only problem was there is only one scart socket so I couldnt daisychain it with my other hardware. First task I threw at it was Bound Region 2 DVD and it worked, So next I put in the region modification and tried Chasing Amy Region 1 and that worked fine. So now it was time for the ultimate test The Matrix Region 1 - Which played fine (it used to play the menu twice on my computer DVD player). The picture and sound on all the disks I tried were great, much better than you would imagine for a £150, only sometimes on large bits of colour (only on anime, not in live films) did the colour slighty blur.
Otherwise a great player.
More reviews in the field of DVD Player
- Grundig GDV 210A - A great budget player
- Best low budget DVD player
- IMPORTANT UPDATE (6th December ) - BUYERS BEWARE!
- An excellent player at a resonable price
- Very low cost DVD player, but looks very modern and expensive
- When TV Sucks & You Want To Visit Your Personal DVD Collection
- Great value for money dvd player!
- Watch you movies without any costly hassles
- A killer DVD player and fantastic CD player too