Product Type: Braun electric toothbrushes
Newest Review: ... has dual speed settings, useful if user has sensitive areas in the mouth as the higher speed may be too harsh, but since I do not suffer fr... more
A Triumph - Simple As
Oral-B Professional Care 2000
Member Name: bilbobaginz
Oral-B Professional Care 2000
Advantages: Looks, materials, cleanability, chargability - excellent.
I was bought one of these neat devices for Christmas - as one of my 'main' pressies which was a shock at first. I mean, who wants a functional, boring, every-day thing as a present?! To be honest though, I'm glad I was bought it, because I think it's the best tooth-brush I've ever owned.
The mechanisms within this product are awesome, there's no other way to put it. OralB seem to have thought of everything required to keep you brushing with the right pressure, for the right time-periods, using the right piece of tooth-brush engineering (the Triumph of course).
- There is a vibrating mechanism within the brush which activates every 15-seconds once the teeth brushing process has commenced. Basically, each time it vibrates, it's time to move from once side of the your top (or bottom) teeth to the next, before completing the same process for the opposite level of teeth.
- A red LED light is located on the back of the brush which signals if you are applying too much pressure to your teeth during brushing. The sensor seems accurate and makes you realize just how hard you brush sometimes without realizing. Before I got myself one of these, I often spat a mixture of blood and paste at the end of a clean, which isn't healthy at all! - OralB have solved that problem well.
The brush is made from some really nice quality materials, and the device is of course 100% water-proof. Personally I like the shape and colour arrangement, it promotes the clean/friendly image OralB have opted for well, and the device sits well on its relatively wide base in any bathroom. The brush has limited opportunity to fall off the side, even if accidentally pushed. The socket connects to a standard razor plug which most people have installed nowadays.
Apparently the brush pulsates at an alarmingly (teeth shiningly) quick speed - at roughly 35,000 pulsations per minute. Plus the thing performs mini rotations 9,000 times per minute! This is probably wrong information, and its usefulness begins and ends with the advertising of the product - plain and simple. The thing does remove up to two-times the average plaque acid removed by a standard brush, which is a fact we can all benefit from hearing.
Overall, I can't see many if any faults with this thing. It's reliable whilst remaining functional, and the battery power lasts 5-10 cleans without recharging which is fine. It means you could take the thing away for a weekend without the charger and still get 100% power-output from it. I would thoroughly recommend this product to friends, family, and people suffering 'bloody-bowl syndrome' as I did before purchasing my Triumph.
Summary: Good, Very Good.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Electric Toothbrush
- We Buzzed from this Bargain Toothbrush..
- Wisdom tells me I should floss!
- Robust, effective and cheap electric toothbrush
- Does a great job, but not very cheap...
- My first dabble with an electric brush.
- Lots of Hype, but teeth not clean
- Excellent Design
- Brighten your smile with braun.... and a bit of toothpaste
- Buzzing about this brush!
- A super cleaning tooth brush.