Product Type: Braun electric toothbrushes
Newest Review: ... been done with the 8500 and they don't look as bright? This just proves to me how good the Braun is. The Braun 8500 lasts a good 4 to fiv... more
A professional Teeth Clean
Oral-B Professional Care 8500
Member Name: paulpry118
Oral-B Professional Care 8500
Date: 04/04/08, updated on 04/04/08 (581 review reads)
Advantages: Easy to use.
Disadvantages: No warning when it is due to run out of charge
This electric toothbrush is very professional and easy to use. It is approved by dentists and leaves your teeth feeling clean. It also naturally whitens your teeth.
It uses oscillating and pulsating to give you a good clean and feels soft on your gums.
It comes with rather a large bulky charging box that has 4 compartments in it for storage of extra brushes. This can be placed on the wall near the charging socket to keep it out the way.
The Toothbrush takes around 16 hours to charge up and when charging has a flashing blue light to tell you that charging is taking place. However the only way of knowing when it needs charging is when it slows down and stops, you just hope it runs out after the two minute clean.
The handle is very easy to hold and grip and confortable to use.
When using the toothbrush it does a single pulse every 30 seconds telling you when to change sides or move top to bottom or vice verse and after two minutes pulses four times telling you that you have done a full two minute clean. The is also a speed control enabling you to reduce the speed by keeping you finger on the on/off button. When you switch it back on it goes to the factory set speed.
1) It comes with a flexisoft brush head which is recommended for every day use. The replacement heads also come with little plastic rings which you can place at the bottom of the head enabling more than one person to use the toothbrush. The bristles change colour with use telling you when you are ready for a replacement head. The heads tend to last aroung 10 weeks of everyday use. You use about a pea sized blob of toothpaste.
2) A probright brushhead which is designed for polishing and naturally whiten you teeth. It is a head with a small plastic/rubber ring type shape in the middle with a ring of bristles round the outside and an extra row at the top and bottom. Just put your pea sized blob of toothpaste on as normal. My dentist told me to use it every 10 days or so.
3) A tongue freshener which you put a drop of mouthwash on and drag it from back to front on your tongue. It looks like a triangle with rubber nobbles on the top of it.
4) An interdental cleaner that cleans between your teeth. It acts a bit ilke a tooth pick. You get five replacements picks with it and these can be used about three times.
All replacement heads are available on the Oral b Website.(www.oralbdirect.co.uk)
The Toothbrush is currently £69.99 from the Oral B website or £89.99 from Boots which is how much I paid about 1 year ago
Toothbrush heads £12.00 for 4 heads
Probright brush heads £9.99 for 2
Not sure about Tongue cleaner
Replacement picks £2.49 for 25
Cleaning of the toothbrush is easy just rinse it under the tap and give the charging storage box a clean with a cloth.
The toothbrush is suitable for use on all the family. Infact we used to have a right fight with my two year old in the morning and at bed time to clean her teeth with a manual toothbrush. Then we started using this and we now dont have a problem at all. I think it must feel softer than a manual toothbrush and does not hurt as much on her tender gums when she has teeth coming through. Just use less toothpaste than you would with a manual toothbrush.
All in all I would recommend this toothbrush for all the family. You only need the one toothbrush just get extra replacement heads.
This review may also be found on other review sites.
Summary: Two minute timer with 30 second pulses.
More reviews in the field of Electric Toothbrush
- The Best Battery Operated Toothbrush on the Market?
- Clean cared for teeth
- Maintains Pearly Whites
- Boogie with your brush!
- Wisdom Easy Floss Daily Flosser
- Shiny pearly whites
- Longer battery life on a hedgehog
- Philips HX6972 - Feel the sonic clean!
- Why doesn't everyone just use electric toothbrushes instead?!
- Dazzling Smile
- Panasonic Dentacare EW1270 Oral Irrigator Water Jet
- Oral B Trizone 1000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Oral-B TriZone 5000 Six Mode
- Oral B Trizone 3000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Colgate C200 Proclinical Rechargeable
- Oral-B Ultra Plaque Remover
- Colgate ActiBrush
- Reach Power Brush
- Braun OxyJet 3D Center
- Oral-B 3D Standard Plaque Remover