Product Type: Braun electric toothbrushes
Newest Review: ... use a toothbrush, except to shine up the front of my mouth. What's the point? After brushing and flossing, if you use the water ... more
Expensive little squirt
Member Name: karenloraine
Date: 28/06/01, updated on 28/06/01 (3131 review reads)
Advantages: Thorough cleaning
The expensive Braun oxyjet System provides you with a toothbrush and water jet system to clean your teeth and gums thoroughly.
Although I floss every day due to overlapping teeth, there are parts that toothbrushes and floss do not reach. I have a wisdom tooth that refuses to budge and break through my gumline and bacteria lurk there. My tooth is slowly moving, so shortly I shall get it removed, until then I have to be very thorough with cleaning.
My dentist wasn’t keen on removing it until it grows, as it would mean breaking my jaw, ouch!!. She suggested I used the Braun Oxyjet system to clean where the floss couldn’t, and recommended it. But it very, very expensive - anything from £60 to £80. As she realised that I was poor (ahh) she said what she recommended was to use a syringe.
Get a curved monoject 412 syringe from the chemists (its not a sharp syringe, it doesn’t have a needle, its curved and can get into nooks and crannies) or some dentists may give you one for nothing (mine did). Fill the syringe up with either warm water or mouthwash or a combination of both and aim the end of the syringe towards your gums and squirt. Once you get the hang of it you get a powerful jet of water or mouthwash blasting away debris round your teeth.
Try it because if it works for you , you have saved a fortune, if not you haven’t lost anything.
More reviews in the field of Electric Toothbrush
- Dentristry Into the 21st Century and beyond
- Makes cleaning the teeth much more interesting!
- Not worth extra money
- Going at it hammer and tongs...
- smile please
- A free clean!
- Not a winner from me Colgate!
- Great value electric toothbrush
- Is it a bird? is it a plane? No I'm brushing my teeth!
- Best Value for the Price
- Panasonic Dentacare EW1270 Oral Irrigator Water Jet
- Colgate ProClinical A1500
- Oral-B Professional Care 600
- Oral-B Triumph 4000
- Oral-B Vitality Sensitive Clean
- Philips HX6972 Sonicare Flexcare Plus Toothbrush
- Philips HX9332 Sonicare DiamondClean
- Colgate C200 Proclinical Rechargeable
- Braun Oral-B TriZone 5000 Six Mode
- Oral-B Pulsonic Slim Toothbrush