Product Type: Colgate electric toothbrushes
Newest Review: ... making it great if you have a few children or want to pick a nice colour for yourself. I picked the pink one as I am a bit of a girly gi... more
Member Name: The Operator
Date: 17/05/01, updated on 17/05/01 (174 review reads)
Advantages: Good battery life, Colourful designs
Disadvantages: Keep it clean!
I've been using a Colgate Actibrush for about 10 months now and after being a bit sceptical that a battery brush would not be able to deliver as well as a mains charged one, I have been pleasantly surprised.
My friends will know that I was until recently a smoker. You know what that does to your teeth. I despaired of ever having shiny white ones ever again. The combination of giving up the weed, buying the leccy brush and some whitening toothpaste has restored them to their former glory in record time.
Also having receding gums was a factor in deciding that the electric brush was better than the twice or thrice daily manual scrub; greater control with less effort. What appeal!
The Actibrush is a comfortably shaped but reassuringly chunky brush. It's not lightweight and flimsy like some of the cheaper models. It takes 2 AA batteries (supplied - and premium ones, not cheap Chinese copies) which last for ages if you are the only user. I currently get about three months use before I have to change them. A little hint here, periodically take a pin to the drain holes in the back of the body of the brush, these do tend to cag up with dried toothpaste, no matter how careful you are. This fouls the spindle so keep them clear and you'll extend battery life very noticeably. Another advantage is that it is relatively quiet compared to some brushes I've heard.
The heads are long lasting too and at £5.89 for two are competitively priced against manual brushes.
The brushes now come in a variety of funky designs (alien, flowers etc) which is a nice touch and a change from the functional white.
More reviews in the field of Electric Toothbrush
- A fresh smile will get you anything!
- Clean Pegs
- A buzzing friend for every girl (and guy!)
- Battery powered and vibrates
- Use your brain, get a Braun.
- really good toothbrush to own
- the best toothbrush on the market.
- Clean teeth, precisely
- Boots 8000 Re-chargable toothbrush
- Every great set of teeth has a great toothbrush...
- Arm & Hammer Spinbrush My Way
- Disney Battery Powered Toothbrush
- Colgate ProClinical A1500
- Oral-B Professional Care 600
- Colgate C600 Pro Clinical
- Oral-B 4 Pack Pulsonic Refills Brush Head
- Oral-B Sensitive Replacement Brush Head
- Oral Fresh Pro10 Rechargeable Rotary
- Oral-B 4 Pack Precision Clean Refills Brush Head
- Oral-B Dual Clean Brush Head