Newest Review: ... have been told by friends that this is a premium product, and a beauty must have. However I have not previously purchased it myself due to ... more
Member Name: beccus
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturizer For Face SPF 15
Advantages: great product, beuatiful packaging
I spoke to the lady at the Elizabeth Arden counter yesterday, I was looking for a little bit of a pick me up and she was ever so helpful.
The products in the eight hour range all had a discount applied so she showed me a few and the product I chose was the original "Eight Hour Cream" which is actually celebrating its 80th birthday this year, I bought the one they've bought out in a 30s style, it comes in a little glass jar, with a peachy coloured lid and a funky vegas style label.
The cream is actually a balm, its an orangey colour and come in a jar of 30ml. You can use it on all sorts of little jobs. I'm particularly fond of using it on my very sore, dry chapped lips. It sinks in rather than just sitting on top and evaporating later. You don't need to reapply too often and although the smell isn't the most amazing thing about the product it doesn't taste foul.
To me it has a kind of medicated smell almost, like its definitely good for you. There are many apparent uses for this "wonder balm" including for burns and sore spots, when you have a cold its good to dab around the sore dry bits on your nose, to stop them getting worse. I carry this in my handbag and can imagine it will always go with me!
I get quite dry fingers, around the nails, and hang nails and I think it will be useful to keep these from getting sore, as well as dry elbows and feet.
One of the great things about this is you really don't need a lot. The tiniest amount really stretches, and its not sticky at all, though it does look like glue!
Overall its a very sweet little product that I can imagine a whole host of usefulnesses for! If a little out of my price range normally (Around £17 for 30ml)
Summary: A lovely product to carry in my bag!
More reviews in the field of Elizabeth Arden
- Does exactly what it says on the tin - Flawless finish
- I love my hydrating mask!
- Luxury lipcare product - effective but expensive
- Strong 'rescue' moisturiser for super-dry patches
- Eight Hour Cream is Greasy and smelly but yes, it lasts eight hours
- Multi purpose skin saviour.
- Give your skin a treat
- Pure and Perfect!
- Morning glory
- A bit revealing
- Elizabeth Arden Essentials Self Tanning Lotion
- Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Concentrated Body Serum
- Elizabeth Arden Millenium Millenium Day Renewal Emulsion
- Elizabeth Arden Millenium Millenium Eye Renewal Cream
- Elizabeth Arden Masks Hydrating Mask
- Elizabeth Arden Lip Fix Cream
- Elizabeth Arden Millenium Day Renewal Emulsion
- Elizabeth Arden Millenium Day Renewal Set
- Elizabeth Arden Millenium Night Renewal Cream
- Elizabeth Arden Peel & Reveal Revitallsing Treatment