Newest Review: ... foundations clog your pores and cause breakouts which is what this did. Also because of the oil it makes the foundation look really sh... more
Member Name: nikirai123
Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup
Date: 02/10/11, updated on 02/10/11 (161 review reads)
Disadvantages: shiny cakey clogs pores
This was the first foundation I ever purchased and surprising to most i was foolish in making this my foundation. Although this elizabeh arden product is rather popular and a lot of people love it I have to diagree with them.
Firstly this foundation is oil based which is a big no no, oil based foundations clog your pores and cause breakouts which is what this did. Also because of the oil it makes the foundation look really shiny even if you dont have oily skin which means a lot of powder is needed. This is rather annoying as I am out of powder really easily. It also can look really cakey.
The foundtion comes in a compact moussy liquid kind of form with a sponge to apply. The sponge makes it really easy to apply and blend onto the skin. One thing though is that the foundation doesn't last all day so touch ups are constantly required. Although the compact does come with a mirror which is handy for touch ups. The foundation however definitly doesn't last all day and always fades. But the foundation does do the job, it covers blemishes and flaws but there are drawbacks.
This foundation has been on the market for ten years so its never changed therefore never adapting to the new technology for skincare. The compact costs around twenty seven pounds from
debenams. Its no longer available at boots you see. Overall a foundation that does the job but too many negative drawbacks to be worth it. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Summary: not good
More reviews in the field of Elizabeth Arden
- Great Quality Mineral Foundation from Elizabeth Arden
- I don't get the hype - I hate this 'cream'!
- Vaseline +
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - the saviour for skin!
- Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish sponge on make up- FAB!
- Maximus Coverage: The Gladiator of Concealers!
- Looking good
- Multi purpose skin saviour.
- The best lip balm ever!!!
- 8 hour cream with 100s of uses
- Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Pressed Powder
- Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Cheekcolor Blusher
- Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Bare Perfection
- Elizabeth Arden Essentials All Gone Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Eight Hour Skin Cream
- Elizabeth Arden Exceptional Lipstick
- Elizabeth Arden Cream-to-Powder Eyeshadow
- Elizabeth Arden Dual Perfection Brow Shaper and Eyeliner
- Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadows
- Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil