Newest Review: ... of the annual salary! All this despite clearly and precisely telling the Hays consultant exactly what role I was looking for, and th... more
Hourly rate not as quoted
Author Name: Parkins
Advantages: They make other agencies look good
Disadvantages: They are making more out of you than other agencies
When I was made redundant in February 2008 I registered with a great many agencies in my search for permanent PA work and have been temping until the "right job" comes along. In that time I have worked for a number of agencies all of whom have always paid me the rate as quoted with holiday pay accruing from their fees. However Hays quote you an hourly rate and when you get paid they take your holiday pay ie. Quote £10.00 per hour but you receive approximately £8.50 per hour. I was never told about this and was shocked that an agency could treat their "bread and butter" workers in this way. I understand that this is within European Directorate but you will find that Hays are one of the very few agencies that do this. I have now terminated my contract with Hays and I am under contract to a reputable agency.
Like a previous reviewer I would not give this agency any stars - but your system does not allow this.
Summary: I cant believe that a nation wide agency treat staff this way and stay in business
More reviews in the field of Employment Service
- Once they remember you are an individual, they're not so bad
- Job Centre Plus - a deadly serious joke
- PCS - the union there to help
- Jobcentre...... Who's money exactly is it
- ONE OF THE BETTER EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES
- The Truth About Joke Centre Plus
- Have you got an appointment?
- The Graham Agency - bad & unrespectful
- Stay away from Quest Employment Ltd Northampton