Newest Review: ... on is a different ball game and a lazy power mad wannabe's dream. I have worked non stop since I was 15, was then made redu... more
Its the unemployed keeping this lot in a job
Member Name: Matt12591
Advantages: None that I could see
Disadvantages: Possible transport concerns depending on area, insensitive staff
I had finished college and was looking to start to stand on my own two feet so I sent a few CV's to local companies and business's. After a couple of weeks of no luck I enrolled at my local job centre and subjected myself to a barrage of forms and proof of identity checks. The first three weeks or so were fine, it was after the first three weeks that I felt I was being looked down upon by these people that had a job because of me not having one. As one of the most public faces of the goverment I was quite disheartened by what was being said to me. So this continued for a few weeks after which I was told to go in every week to sign on instead of the usual two. What a mess that turned out to be. Twice as many people there meant twice as long to be there to see someone. I have nothing good to say about the job centre what so ever, if you can use an online job website such as Monster. There are that many more jobs available and your not looked down upon either, really only go to the job centre if your back is against the wall.
Summary: Dont even bother unless your back is to the wall
More reviews in the field of Employment Service
- Glasgow - Springburn Jobcentre (minus) and Glasgow Benefit Centre's call centre
- Appalling staff attitude; frequent incompetence and discrepancies (Crosby JCP)
- Recruitment Agencies - who needs them
- Department of Work and Pensions - Here to Help? Yeah right!!
- Recruitment agencies?
- My experience with Hays Recruitment and Spring Personell
- So you are disabled? Well we can find you a job and patronize you at the same t ...
- Lodge a complaint with the REC (quality watchdog Association of Employment/Recru ...
- Have you got an appointment?
- The Graham Agency - bad & unrespectful