Product Type: DeLonghi Philips Saeco
Newest Review: ... simple to use. Firstly the water tank is filled with fresh water. Then the dial should be turned to heat button which turns green when... more
Makes a great espresso!
DeLonghi C200 Coffee Maker
Member Name: emmilouxx
DeLonghi C200 Coffee Maker
Advantages: Makes delicious espresso, easy to use
Disadvantages: Limited to producing to cups at a time, milk frother irritating to clean.
We were given this coffee machine as a Christmas present. We already had a Morphy Richards machine which is different in that it has a coffee jug and can make up to 8 cups of filter coffee at one. This machine differs in that it is an espresso machine.
We usually consider Delonghi to be of an exceptional quality and great design. This machine does look great, very modern and stylish; however it doesn't feel as solid as some other Delonghi appliances.
The machine is relatively simple to use. Firstly the water tank is filled with fresh water. Then the dial should be turned to heat button which turns green when the water is ready. The user must then take the handheld coffee holder (the part that looks like an arm in the product picture) and fill the removable metal pod with either a ground coffee of their choice or a pre-measured coffee pod which some coffee manufacturers have started making.
The arm is then attached to the machine and the dial turned to the cup and drip icon. An espresso cup is placed underneath and a stream of coffee will fill the cup.
Other features worth mentioning include:
* The milk frother arm which will froth and steam a jug of milk to add to the coffee to make a cappuccino.
* It has a fully removable drip tray to catch any drips and spills
* Two espressos can be made at a time by using the larger metal pod and double the amount of coffee. The larger metal pod produces two streams and so two espresso cups can be used at once.
* No coffee filters are required
We have really enjoyed the espressos and cappuccinos made by this device, however there are some issues with it:
* You must use espresso cups. Regular mugs will not fit and the coffee produced is only enough to fill an espresso cup.
* Not great for when guests visit as you are limited to making two at a time
* The milk frother is off-putting to use as it is fiddly to clean.
Overall, I would recommend this product if you are specifically looking for an espresso machine for your own individual use. If you are a person that enjoys entertaining guests, I would advise you buy a regular filter coffee machine with a jug.
Summary: Great, just don't expect it to be a replacement for your filter coffee machine.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Espresso Machine
- Tassimo TAS6515GB
- Was Good While It LAsted.
- Quick coffeemaker, with a variety of drinks
- Pour a Hot Shot with this Coffee Machine!
- Lovely cup of coffee!
- A rare quality coffee machine, that's affordable to us normal folk!
- Saved me a fortune at Costa!
- Quick & Easy Coffee
- Absolutely solid
- Tassimo Bosch T20: You're unlikely to return to instant coffee!
- DeLonghi ECO310.PW
- DeLonghi EC850.M
- Krups XN8105 Nespresso Maestria
- DeLonghi ESAM0340
- DeLonghi ESAM4000B Magnifica Bean to Cup
- Fracino Bambino Atuomatic Group 1
- Fracino Comtempo Group 1
- Fracino Comtempo Group 2
- Fracino Contempo Group 1 Semi Auto- Dual Fuel
- Fracino Contempo Group 2 Semi Auto- Dual Fuel