Product Type: Boots Eye Care
Newest Review: ... I first got acne the products I was using on my skin were too harsh. This is why I don't buy many products like this but from when I was... more
Cheap and Cheerful
Boots Vitamin E SPF15 Eye Cream
Member Name: Jellybeans9
Boots Vitamin E SPF15 Eye Cream
Advantages: really helps to brighten the eye area over time :-) and it's so cheap!
Disadvantages: Not a miracle, but it's close enough!
I needed an eye cream to help get rid of my dark under eye circles, however quite sceptical as to whether they actually work I decided to go for a lower end one. After reading some good reviews on the Boots website about this one, I decided to go for it. Besides it only cost a couple of pounds so I didn't really have much to lose by giving it a go.
The product claims to help reduce the appearance of puffiness, fine lines and dark circles within 4 weeks. The product comes in a squeezy plastic tube with a thin nozzle to help control how much product you use. The cream itself is white in colour with a subtle shimmer to it as most eye creams do. The cream is also fairly thick in texture, but I suppose it needs to be for dry skin under the eye. Besides it doesn't feel at all heavy on the skin, just lightweight and moisturising. The directions on how to use the product say to dot the eye cream around the eye area, and then blend lightly in upward strokes. For this it is recommended to use the ring finger as it has the lightest pressure, and applying a half pea-sized amount of the eye cream onto your finger, and dotting around the eye, patting until the cream has been absorbed.
Does it work? For me I'd have to say yes. It's no overnight miricle or even a miracle for that matter, but I can visibly see that my under eye area is a lot less dull and dark than they used to be. Plus within the 4 weeks as promised! They aren't completely gone but they have certainly improved by a considerable amount. I don't need to worry about applying a load of concealer to the eye area anymore, on most days one layer is all I need! I've been using this eye cream for about 2 maybe 3 months now and I'm still on the first tube with no signs of running out soon. Not bad for ￡2! Admittedly I have been using this with another eye cream just to mix it up a bit. I've basically been using this one in the day before applying moisturiser and then the Fade Out eye cream at night.
Overall this is a very good eye cream for the price. It has helped to brighten up my under eye area over time, and not just when I apply the eye cream itself like some do. Also it's light and adequately Moisturising for the dry skin around your eyes. What's more it's fine as a base for any eye makeup. Also, because my under eye area gets a little dry, it has caused a few fine lines to appear, and I swear this has helped those too! Well, I don't notice myself worrying about them anymore, and the area does look a lot smoother than it did.
If you have dark circles or fine lines, and you want to do something about them, then try this! What have you really got to lose??
Summary: If you're reading this then stop, and just buy it instead.
More reviews in the field of Eye Care
- Great Little Jar of Eye Magic!
- Clinique all about eyes - see the difference!
- Not as good as the other products in the range
- Nivea Visage Eye Make up remover - maybe a bit too gentle on your make up
- Too oily...
- Sometimes, We All Need A Little Re-Balancing!
- Garnier Eye Roll-On; like taking off high-heeled shoes after a night out! Ahh!
- ***Does The Job...But Could Be Better***
- Simply the best eye make up remover!
- Garnier Eye Roll On
- Skin Doctors YouthCell Youth Activating Eye Cream
- Dr. Organic Aloe Vera Eye Gel
- Origins Dr. Weil Mega Mushroom Eye Serum
- L'Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift Double Action Lifting Eye Moisturizer
- L'Oreal Revitalift Eye Cream
- Decleor Aroma Solutions Anti Fatigue Eye Serum
- Skinn Eye Cream
- Skin Science Eye Contour Complex
- Decleor Experience de L'Age Triple Action Eye & Lip Cream
- Shiseido Future Solution LX Eye & Lip Regenerating Kit